Side; Naruto

When Naruto first met Hinata, she was just a curious human that somehow had gotten accepted into a school that she has no business going. Being a prefect, it is his job to keep the school as orderly as a school full of freaks like him can be orderly. So Hinata became his job. He's lucky that she's not one of those entitled bitches that acted like they know what's what when they can't even tell left from right.

At first, she was just a job. Then, curse his ass, he noticed concerning behaviors from her. The way she avoids looking up if she can help it. The way she disliked being touched by people she didn't know. The way she focused on him because he showed a protective side to her. She wanted to be independent but life had taught her to be dependent. Because being dependent had kept her safe. Perhaps she is aware of this and she wanted to break the habit of hiding behind someone's back.

But years of habit is not that easy to break.

Also, even though she always keep her head down and appears gloomy most of the time, Naruto can tell that she studied self defense from the way she moves. She studied so diligently that her movements are without waste. Naruto learned how to fight and use his body in battle from a very young age. Before Konoha, he practically lived on the battlefield. He knows someone who do martial arts when he sees them. And although Hinata is not blooded like he is, she can certainly hold her own...among humans.

Because of this, he cannot help but stick around her. He don't know why, but he is constantly worried about her. Also, he noticed that he has been keeping her isolated from the rest of the class. He don't know if it was because she's human and he didn't want her to get caught by the others, or because of something else. He doubted that Hinata know anyone in her class besides him. And she was fine with just him.

That is another one of her worrying habit.

She is too used to being isolated. She is too used to only being around one person. From the glimpses of her life that he had caught from the small amount of conversation they shared, Naruto realized that isolating herself is a form of self defense, one where she won't get into conflict with others. Just because she can throw a punch doesn't mean she wants to. From this alone, he knew that she is a pacifist at heart.

Then the talk about seeing his real appearance despite his illusion.

That shouldn't have been possible.

Naruto is a descendant of the Kyuubi, Youko no Kurama. His illusion is second nature to him. No one can see through it if he doesn't allow it. That means whatever Hinata saw was something that he had wanted her to see. Something that his subconscious wanted. He wanted her to see him as he is.

But why?

The fact that his power affects her even without him actively using it also troubles him. He didn't lie when he told her that using his power on someone without meaning to is hard...because that require several conditions to happen. All of it should have been impossible with how...new Hinata is to him.

He has an inkling. So he asked, just to be sure. Hoping that its true. Hoping that it was just him.

Naruto turns on his bed, the sound of the oceans couldn't lull him into a state of rest as it supposed to. Climbing out of bed, he walks toward the landing platform that also doubles as his veranda just outside the double glass doors, the curtains billowing inward as he opens them. The sea breeze feels cool against his naked skin. His tails flicks behind him, mirroring his restless mind. His hooves clacks against the floor as he moves closer to the edge, to look over the whirling tides below.

The blue moon glows on his skin, revealing his true form under the stars. He scratched at his horns, large and curving over his head. Just like Hinata had seen, they are a thing of beauty to behold. While other Incubi has the same old, same old horns; dull and bone-like with crystallized tips. He was born with a pair of horns unlike any others. It was as if they were made of obsidian with the night sky trapped inside. He has his father's side to thank for that. Having a Nephilim somewhere in his paternal side gave him the unique horns.