Chapter 2: Nightmares are Real

Teardrop stared at the shadow in horror, then put her gaze onto the body. Just dead. She held back tears, clenching her eyes shut. She'd seen the bodies of her enemies, but never of her allies. She looked like she'd been blowtorched, because she was melted. Her right eye was missing, she couldn't get that back. She walked over to her and turned Lollipop's head around to see if Bubble was correct about the blood, and in fact, she was. She bled a dark red, reflecting off of the small light. When she felt it, her hand was coated with blood. She felt sympathy for Lollipop, and pat her candy head. She hesitantly walked away, she didn't quite want to show Gelatin yet.

Just a little more time... for the sake of him. He'd hate to see her dead, even with his humor coping to tragedy, it'll still traumatize him for life.

Gelatin started to walk over, behind Balloony. He heard Bubble crying uncontrollably, until they came around the corner to peek, until his sight was blocked. They trying to get their hands to cover his eyes sight. He confusingly tried to push the hands of him, but failed. "Huh? What's happening? Teardrop?"

Moments of silence went by, though the melody of sobbing blocked the footsteps beneath him. Gelatin suddenly felt his feet leave the ground, now dangling in the air. He tried to push up on top of the arms to take just a slight glance, but couldn't. These arms were strong, but they were thin. He finally managed to get on top of the arms, and realized he was put down. It was too late, he missed it.

"Teardrop," He asked, adjusting to the light in his eyes, "What was happening in there? Something bad, something good? Was there something for me? Oh! A surprise! Right? Hehe, you can tell me!~"

Teardrop sweated, then hesitantly nodded. Still, it was a good choice to not tell him, just till the time is right. Balloony added to make it more obvious, "Oh yeah~ it's your surprise! F-for Halloween! A s-surprise costume, just for you!"

He took a moment to think, bringing up the suspicion. Teardrop and Balloony sweated nervously. Gelatin opened his mouth, "Yay! I'm excited!" Gelatin excitedly said, clapping his hands.

Teardrop sighed in relief while Balloony stood straight, then Teardrop ran to the bathroom to wash her hands because they were still coated in blood. She gazed around curiously then spotted the girls bathroom and quickly dashed thereafter. After she turned around to a corner then through the door, then after leaned against the doorframe. She heard weak and soft sobbing from a stall. She stood straight, and figures, it was Bubble. She'd never been this emotional about a death, she was even less emotional about when Match was eliminated. She creeped to the stall as quietly as possible, then turned around to peek from the corner.

Bubble covered her face drearily, then shifted her eyesight to Teardrop. She gasped then rubbed her eyes, embarrassed to be seen in this statement. "H-hey, Teardrop... d-d-do you n-need any-th-thing?"

Teardrop jumped backwards in surprise, she never thought she'd speak to her. "Mmh, it's just.. too much emotions to overcome.. to l-lose someone you l-loved. I've o-only experienced a funeral w-when my mother died when I w-was about three,"
She sighed then covered her face, "I-I can't even believe this h-happened so fast.."

Teardrop nodded in agreement, she had parents that tortured her, but she still felt sympathetic when they were shot down. Her face stiffened, then she rubbed a mere tear out of her eye.

I've always been stunned by the amount of deaths and revivals there are, and when you die permanently. It's pretty confusing, to be honest, Teardrop signed, then signed afterwards, so many deaths every single day throughout the diminishing to the morning to the darkness of the midnight. It literally happens every day.

Bubble nodded, "Once, Pencil and Match forced Lightning to hurt someone. Go get Fanny! they told him. I tried to stop him, but he followed, zapping Fanny. I was always worried of others, whether they even like me or not. Most people didn't pop me, but few did. It always hurt to die though. So, I'd do the same to others, help them. Revive them. Protect them."