chapter 12

An BBQ place it was a good pick, naruto really didn't mind, although itachi was a bit bothered with how the others were complimenting her it struck him as a bit jealous but he held it in.

"Are you ok itachi? You seem. . .tense"

Naruto said staring at him as he blinked and looked down.

"I am fine naruto"

Itachi said slowly eating some barbeque while looking at her.

"So naruto, we barely know each other so what do you like to do on your free time?"

Itachi asked as Naruto hummed while lightly swallowing a piece of meat.

"Hmm, before I had been kidnapped I use to care for injured foxes from predators, or people who harmed them I did learn some veterinary techniques from hana, it helped in the long run, some of the foxes I helped heal occasionally come back to visit, one of them introduced me to her kits and they are so adorable"

Naruto said smiling to herself.

"really? Caring for injured foxes, that is a good goal"

Itachi said as Naruto nodded.

"Well. . .yeah foxes are crucial for the ecosystem although some of the foxes that I tended to couldn't be released to be wilds, due to disease, amputated limbs, there is so many factors on how I can determine if I can release one to the wilds, if not i have a small sanctuary for them, before i was forced to marry of course, hmm i wonder if mom or dad had taken care of them when i was gone? Might have to ask them when we got done with this date"

Naruto said looking up while thinking before looking back down at itachi.

"what about you itachi? What do you like to do on your free time"

Naruto asked as itachi stared at her.

"well, I use to train a lot with shisui to increase my proficiency in genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu, before sparing with my father as the eldest i believe I was scheduled to take the head of the uchiha clan after my father passes i said was before i married you which is a blessing, as i believe i am free from being the head of the uchiha clan and I married someone beautiful"

Itachi said as Naruto looked away, he was amused at the slight blush filling her face it made her more adorable and beautiful.

"i don't think I'm beautiful itachi i believe I'm just. . .average"

Naruto said idly eating as itachi blinked while staring at her.

"you are selling yourself short naruto, you do look beautiful, and your personality makes you more of a gem to behold"

Naruto took a sip of water while processing what itachi said.

"I don't know about that"

Itachi stared at her as she lightly dabbed at her mouth.

"I am serious naruto"

Itachi said as she hummed.

"Again, I don't know about that"

Itachi frowned a bit as Naruto got up.

"Do we need to have a conversation Naruto?"

Itachi asked as Naruto stared at him.

"Maybe away from ears. . ."