I May Chose (Moiraine x Damane!Reader)

Request: Hello I was wondering if you could write a Wheel of Time fic where Reader was born in Seanchan and was made damane but escaped to the Westlands and meets Moiraine.

A/N: I've not seen season two and I won't until I reread 'The One... Or Two?' and get started writing book two. So this is based on wikia and imAgInaTiOn!

It was a humilitation at one point. To wear a silver collar - yes like what you put on your property - and have it connected to one so like you. Your Sul'dam, a rude man named Geralt, wore a silver bracelet with a silver chain to bind it to your collar and to control you. With time, you came to learn Geralt had much the same potential as you and this soon became just another fact of life. You were a damane, the lowest caste of the world. You were beneath everyone and you were to speak to no one. 

The damane and their sul'dam were a part of the military and so the government. But when you had no missions to fulfil, you stayed in town, wherever your sul'dam went. You tried to grab or break the collar daily, suffering the pain much less than the desperation. Geralt always added an additional slap after the pain debilitated you. You almost lost faith in the world, in people. 

The people were helpless, but they were broke and so you and Geralt were sent to collect taxes or souls. It broke your heart to set an innocent village on fire. Tears even silently built in your eyes, but you refused to let them fall. You watched the desperate people run for safety or water, but no retardant would work on the fire you conjured on your master's command. He turned and brandished his sword, battling one-handedly. He had his bound wrist behind his back to keep the rebel from severing the chain. He sent faint suggestions to you to help him, but he was distracted enough that you could do nothing. 

Something pulled at your sleeve. Turning, you looked down to find a small child coated in soot, but unaffected and uninjured. She looked up at you with wide, childish eyes, but there was something distinctly adult, more mature in those orbs. "My muma said damane can't help what they do. You do what you're told."

You slowly sunk to squat by the child, focus entirely off Geralt. "Yes," you admitted, but you said nothing else. Your hand rose to fiddle with the collar you'd never adjusted to, but you dropped it before you could inflict harm on yourself. You didn't dare mention to the girl that this could become of anyone. 

Small hands reached up for your head and you assumed the sweet girl wanted a hug. Instead, the metal fell away from your throat and you looked down in awe. Your One Power automatically reached out to fix what you'd been regretting since you'd done it. The fires went out and Geralt suddenly flew straight up into the air. You kept his momentum for a moment then let go. You urged the pair back into their homes. No one would want to be around when he met the ground again. 

*

You were something of an expert in your craft once free and it was all too easy to be invisible and stow away. The boat docked in the Westlands and you took off for freedom. 

This land was very different from your own, you soon came to realize. The plants, temperature, climate, people! While they were suspicious of anyone they didn't know, you had somehow gained their respect. Perhaps you gave off power or they knew you hailed from Seanchan. But you were never anywhere long enough to be found out. 

You always thought travelling a lot would keep you safe, but it was by going in the opposite direction of a wandering Aes Sedai that you were put in more danger than you had been in. Your heart was at risk the second you spotted the stoic and tall blue-clad woman atop her horse. Much of her was covered by clothes , but you saw nobility in the way she carried herself, you  knew from experience you could daydream about those hands for days, and an odd feeling washed over you as she caught you staring. You looked away quickly, abashed to have been seen. It hardly mattered; you would be taking the road they arrived via in a few short hours. You averted your gaze and picked up a device you'd never seen before. Putting it back with a grimace, you turned and went to escape into isolation.