I Know Something You Don't Know (Marissa Wiegler)

Marissa Wiegler was a complicated woman. She was manipulative and secretive. She had lied to your face before and likely done much, much worse, not that you knew all. You'd been warned not to trust her by the man who raised you all 18 years you'd lived with him. You'd known, but she was good at her job, you guessed. Because you did trust her. She enraged you, but you came to love her, in your way. You'd never loved before so you were unsure of how to even do it, but you were sure you'd done it wrong.

She'd lied. And you'd caught her. Usually, her lies came out around witnesses so you had to control yourself or she was in an active position of power to keep you under control. But that time, you hadn't had anything to keep you from expressing your anger, except yourself. And you tried, you walked away, but she followed as she always did. Never fucking happy, Marissa wanted to know why you were upset, why you were retreating, but it was her fault. She lied again, about where you were going. And after being told she would abduct you for the abilities she'd helped put into your veins, you knew better than to go somewhere unknown with Marissa Wiegler. So you'd beaten her into unconsciousness so you could get away.

If you were ever together, hurting her was most likely you breaking up.

Still, she was never fucking happy and she found you again. You'd had time to cool off and accomplish what you'd needed so you didn't have to get in a car with the woman. But she came out of nowhere.

You weren't that great at staying out of trouble so, as more guards ran after you, shooting poorly, you turned a corner. It earned you a half second of reprieve from the onslaught of copper, but someone grabbed you and pulled. You were always terrified of being taken so you reflexively threw out your fist.

Knowing blue eyes stared up at you. She never flinched. You stopped your fist. Blue eyes looked at the relaxing fingers. "Well, thank you." Of course, her first words at reuniting after that shitshow would be sarcastic. But you went with her, fuck yea. She had a car and a driver. "Did you get the file?" And she knew what you were doing.

You frowned, not trusting her enough to answer or hand it over (because of course the answer was yes), but still in the car with her. They pulled from the curb the second the doors were shut. You sat with your back against your door, staring down the woman on the opposite end of the seat.

Marissa was uninjured at this point, at least from you. It must've been two weeks since your fight and you'd not seen your CIA handler. The strawberry blonde held out her hand expectantly.

You handed over the file, not caring what was in it. You turned back to the window, expecting Marissa to open and read the contents.

But she didn't. She tucked it into her bag and sat symmetrical to you, watching you. With a silent finger, she pressed a button to raise the partition. "Are you going to say anything?" she asked very calmly. She was always so fucking calm, always in control, or so she thought.

Well, in this instance, you'd give her what she expected. "I'm sorry." Your voice was low and gravelly, affected but not breaking down. Your eyes lifted to meet hers. She smiled at the eye contact. "I never should have laid a hand on you. And I won't ever again. But stay away from me when I'm pissed at you."

The woman was a master manipulator, especially with witnesses or accomplices. Her smile was perfect. "Now, will you tell me why you were pissed?"

You frowned, facing her more completely. "You lied. Again. You said we were going to the facility where the poison was leaked; you were taking me to that Back-Of-House bitch's regular house."

She couldn't argue. Marissa was planning on reintroducing you to the Meadows, when she thought it would help Hanna. Now, she wanted both of you as far away from that place as you could get. The secrets buried in those lost files and the missions currently underway would shock the most experienced federal agent. She had to take it down, but she could let anyone born there back in there. She nodded. "Yes, I was. And I should've told you, but I knew-"