Found in Nature (Moiraine Sedai)

Request: Okay so, what if: Moiraine x reader, where reader is the dragon reborn and know that she is the dragon reborn, but has no wish to be involved in any sort of politics or world-saving matters, so she's been on the run travelling from town to town never staying more than a season in fear of being found out. ~ Insert Moiraine, her and Lan have traveled from village to village searching for the Dragon reborn, and then reader and the duo run into each other. ~ Cue Moiraine inviting reader to travel with her and Alan as they are going the same direction and reader can't say no because that would be suspicious. ~ Through their time together travelling they fall for each other and reader forgets why Moiraine is travelling to begin with and let's herself forget to hide the fact that she's the dragon reborn. ~ Moiraine eventually finds out, no duh, and angst ensues

The world was big and complicated and anyone who claimed to know it entirely was either lying or a fool. Men often were both. A drunk man was worse. A gleeman had the arrogance of generations and after a night of singing and drinkin', he was no more reliable than your father. Don't be bitter. But he'd stared up at you like you'd hung the stars and he told you you were the Dragon Reborn. You thought he was a fool and moved past the drunkard you'd saved.

But once the idea was proposed, it seemed the universe detected it. You were haunted by nightmares in the days afterward, of a not-man destroying everything you loved. Eventually, you controlled everything. It was a different world, where golden energy took the place of the Wheel. They were frightening, until they were intoxicating. You got scared very soon after that and ran.

The last Dragon broke the world and you would hate to harm any of the many people you loved. Your village was overflowing with them so you had to leave.

You moved often from then on. There was much of the world and you'd always wanted to see it all. Now you had the motivation. But your isolation backfired. Even travelling, it seemed you made friends easily. They constantly chatted you up or bought you drinks or just tried to take you home. You didn't know who was friend or Darkfriend so you trusted no one. The more you traveled, the more you heard of the Dragon Reborn. He wasn't always mentioned, usually in vague references to men channeling or the Breaking of the World, but there were whispers. Rumors as to how you would turn out the next time you emerged. You couldn't tell anyone who you were. But you were also used as a word for rebellion. The people wanted someone to fix everything for them.

You couldn't do that. The longest you'd stayed anywhere was in the Mountains of Mist, but once the season changed, it was time to move on. Only the marketers knew she was there and would know if she wasn't. Your hair had grown in the two years you'd been away from home.

The isolation helped you with your Power, something you couldn't ask anyone for help with. You had struggled at first to even summon it, but you'd sensed it breaking through the air when your would-be bandits overwhelmed you. From then on, you just had to remember the feeling of something cutting through air, pulling everywhere. I was quite heady and terribly easy. Moving things around and starting fires seemed to be the logical start, eventually making your way to finding the heart of your power. It took very little time in retrospect, ignoring the days of frustration and surrender, to channel like you'd always done it. Perhaps it was a side-effect of being the Dragon Reborn. Your life was destined to be so short, after all.

But isolation also had a downside. While you understood the magic you'd been reborn into, you were alone with your intrusive and aggressive thoughts and they were not kind to you. Without other people to focus on or reassure you, you began to believe the worst thoughts you'd had about yourself this entire life. You walked in silence along the roads. Your map was folded into one of your hands as you walked, deep in thought. You made camp at nightfall and had a fire deep in the forest.