The Ultimate Chemical Reaction (Ancient One)

Two women walked up a hill. "There is magic in everything," the Ancient One tried like so many times before.

The brunette - Penny - laughed. "I'll admit that nature is beautiful, but it's designed that way," the skeptic said, looking around them. She squatted to pickup some fallen leaves by their stems.

"There are many unexplainable things in life."

Penny smirked as she turned to look up at the older woman. "Name one," she challenged.

The Ancient One had to think. She knew she'd not get a second chance at this challenge. "Why does a baby take its first breath?" she asked.

Penny looked offended that that was even a question of magic. "A reflex. The fluid in a newborn's lungs is-"

"What about falling in love?" the older woman asked, cutting Penny off.

The brunette stood tall. She shrugged. "It's just a chemical reaction in the brai-"

Again, the Ancient One cut her off, sick of her ignoring her brilliant ideas. She brought her in for a kiss. She couldn't believe she was the first one to cave. This had to be the first time in a century that she'd been the weaker in a group or pair.

"Oh!" Penny squeaked.

Ok, so not weaker. Just less oblivious.

Their kiss was a perfect match. A combination of push and pull. The Ancient One's finger nails scratched gently at the base of Penny's scalp. Penny's hands were delicately draped over the older woman's waist, pulling lightly.

When they pulled apart, Penny didn't even allow the opportunity for a full retreat. She wound her arms up around the Ancient One's neck, her wrists falling limp. Her fingers grazed the base of the elder's spine.

"The Ultimate Chemical Reaction," she conceded.