4. Bree

The sight of my son screaming at the top of his lungs, hanging off the edge of my bed brings back all the energy and panic that this blue creature had taken from my body. I know that when I have the time to think over the night, I'll find it incredible or terrifying that I was with the Seven Sins. But for now? I left my son alone. I thought I was having one of the best dreams of my life and my toddler was here, in my bed in this raggedy-ass apartment by himself.

I pull away from Blue and rush to Rellick, squeezing him against me. "I'm here, sweet boy. I'm here." His tiny arms wrap around my neck and my lips stay against his head as I try to calm him down with kisses. "I'm okay, Baby." Rocking him back and forth in my arms seems to calm him down so that he's no longer screaming. For my own sanity, I continue to hold onto him. I left him here all alone. I know that it wasn't my fault. I was literally dragged to hell, but I was having fun and I shouldn't have been. Rellick should have been my first thought. Rellick should always be my first thought.

He was my second chance at life. I was on a downward spiral, heading nowhere fast. We are all each other has. My mother died in childbirth and my father died fighting for his country. My paternal grandparents passed away before I was born. From the moment I was brought into the world, it was me and my mother's parents. They used to tell me I looked just like her, except for my eyes. My green eyes and my last name are all I know of my father. When my grandparents died in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver, my life took a turn for the worst. I burned bridges with all of my friends, failed out of college, and was contemplating suicide in a bar that I wasn't even supposed to be in.

Only 19, I met a gorgeous man who held me accountable. He made me feel better by showing me what a horrible person I had become in just the month that my grandparents had been gone. It was not what they would have wanted from me. When he asked what would heal me, I told him I just needed someone to love me again.

And he did. For that night anyway. But he gave me a precious gift. A son. A person who would love me forever. Rellick is my second chance. He is what heals me on my worst days and makes me want to celebrate on my best.

And I left him to fend for himself.

A comforting pressure calms my son and I as strong arms wrap around us. Blue's front is pressed up against my back and he pulls Rellick and I into his lap. A low purring is coming from his chest, and it saps both of our energies. "You're fine now. Everything is okay." His voice is melodic and hypnotizing. Within minutes, Rellick is asleep on my chest. I'm not far behind.

I attempt to pull away from the blue giant. Obviously, he's sloth, but he has the ability to make my son and I go to sleep... and he's one of seven? "Hey, Sleepy." I can't fight the yawn that forces its way out. "I need to get him to bed."

"Whos' Sleepy? I'm Sleepy?" Sloth's voice is meant to take all of your energy. Where Lust is meant to hype you up on endorphins, Sloth is mellow. He's what you would listen to when counting sheep no longer works.

"Yeah. You put Rellick to sleep and you're one of seven. Sleepy is now your name." I try to give him my best smile under the circumstances. My eyes are blurry, so I can't quite see his features. He lifts me up, steadying me on my feet.

When I move to bring Rellick to his room, Sleepy's gentle touch on my arm stops me. "Let me take him. You get ready for bed yourself." He doesn't give me any time to argue as he lifts my son into his arms and moves across the hall. I follow behind, watching this terrifying blue giant with gorgeous black antlers and extremely long arms be gentle with my small child. He carefully places Rellick in his small bed, making sure to cover him with his Buzz Lightyear blanket. I could totally see myself falling for this sin too based on the way he's taken care of us tonight.

Until he turns around. His full height with the antlers brings him to over seven feet, his antlers barely scraping the ceiling of my son's room. He has black claws that make his arms look like they extend to his knees. His chest is bare and lean, not very defined with muscle at all.

But it's his face that has me taking a step back. Pitch black eyes stare into my soul. There is no reflecting light as though his pupils have blown over. It looks as though there is nothing in his eye sockets. And he has no mouth, which doesn't make sense since he was having a conversation with me not three minutes ago. "Bree? Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you."

I cover my mouth with my hand to stop my scream as I watch his mouth. With every word, his skin seems to tear apart and heal itself back together. His mouth may as well be melting as he talks and it's the most horrific thing I've ever seen. He's been so good to Rellick and I, that I don't want to run away from him, but I can't watch him as he talks to me and that just feels disrespectful. I can only take so much in one night.

Before my eyes, I watch as Sloth's antlers retreat into his head and turn into a bright blue head of hair. His skin changes from blue to ivory and his muscles fill out. He's gorgeous. Ocean blue eyes stare at me with a gleam. The only thing covering his body are black silk pajama pants. I could look at Sloth as a human forever.

"Is this better?" Pouty pink lips smirk at me as Sleepy walks closer.

"You didn't have to change for me." I was terrified sure but that's because it's been a long night and a multitude of things have happened. I'd have gotten used to him eventually.

"Is this not good enough? I can change into something else if..."

I shake my head vigorously to disagree. "No, you look handsome as fuck like this." His smirk turns to a full-blown smile showing pearly white teeth. "I'm just saying that you didn't need to change your appearance for me. I would have been okay."

"Did you know that I can taste lies? It may not be one of the seven major sins, but it is still a sin and therefore, in my jurisdiction."

"It wasn't a lie." An eyebrow lifts. "It wasn't," I pleaded. "I would have gotten used to it eventually. It just may have not been tonight."

Sloth lets out a small chuckle, shaking his head. In a blur, he moves forward, lifting me into his arms and dropping us on my bed. I love the way I feel in his strong arms. The sense of contentment I feel has my body relaxing and I'm not sure if it's his power sapping my energy or if it's just being with him. Being held by him. Would I feel like this with any of them? Pushing a strand of hair out of my face, my body shivers when he places it behind my ear. "Are you cold?" He lifts the comforter over, tucking us in, before placing his arms back around me. His fingers slowly trail up and down my spine, light as a feather.

I place one arm around his neck, playing in his hair. "I'm warm with you here." Our bodies are chest to chest, and yet, it feels like he is wrapped around me with our size difference. I'm safe, warm, content, relaxed. Not things I should feel while I lay in bed with a Sin.

Holy fuck. I am laying in bed with a "Deadly" Sin! I've sat in Satan's lap! I humped a pink furry beast's dick! Am I that desperate for touch? For a sense of being wanted?

"You're thinking so hard that you're tensing up. You're meant to be relaxing." Sloth's voice soothes my soul. All the stress that I was putting on myself fades away at his deep whispers. "What do you need from me?"

This has to be the sweetest deadly person (creature?) I've ever met. "Can't you use your power on me?"

"I can, but when you wake up you will feel worse, not better." He's so thoughtful. He's not using his power on me. Because he saw the way I reacted to Lust?

I have no idea why he's being sweet to me. He may need to stop otherwise I will fall for him. I know I will. A sweet, tall, gorgeous guy; with powers; is taking care of me AND MY SON. Ugh. I'm fucked. "We can watch a movie, then. An old Disney flick normally chills me out." I twist out of my embrace to grab the remote, then put myself back into his cocoon of warmth. "I'll put on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, so you know why I call you Sleepy."

It takes less than 10 minutes before I am blissfully passed out.