Chapter 15 - I only want her.

Start from the beginning

"Now, listen. I'm repeating it for the last time. Either you go or I will make you regret that you ever laid eyes on me."

"It's ok, Oleg Konstantinovich, don't get angry like that. You haven't even heard what I have to say. But I have very good news." The young man stood up to match Oleg's eye level but Oleg didn't say anything. "Kirusha is alive. If you want, all your dreams will come true." The young man spoke confidently but without a smile on his face now.

Oleg was flabbergasted. The mention of Kirill out loud threw him into instant rage and despair. He heard this news from someone last week but it was not a source he trusted and was familiar with so he didn't believe it.

So Kirill did try to trick him. Oh, what a fucking cockroach, Oleg thought. But a smart boy nonetheless. He executed it perfectly but clearly, he couldn't keep a low enough profile and slipped up, and now the ball was in Oleg's court and he was going to capitalize on it.

Oleg was now beginning to warm up to the young man and wanted to hear everything and was ready to pay any amount of money to get his hands on Kirill's girl if the news was real.

Oleg breathed in a few times and asked the man to sit down. He told Marina to bring in coffee and cancel all his morning activities.

"I'm listening to you carefully. But know that if you're lying, I will cut off your balls and feed them to you." Oleg said calmly as they both sat down in their respective chairs.

The young man smiled and said,

"That won't be necessary. But maybe I won't be able to provide you with exactly what you have in mind. I have a proposition but...I want something too. Kirill's girl is a beauty. Kirill got quality product and they are very in love. Instead of making this messy, we could...cooperate so to speak."

Oleg listened intently to the young man. He knew he would probably have to agree to the man's terms but at the same time, he was a force to be reckoned with and wasn't going to bend to the whims of some stranger right away.

"How do you know he's alive?" Oleg asked.

"He told me. He trusts me."

Oleg instantaneously thought this was a trick and he would again be disappointed. Why would Kirill tell anyone about his death? This sounded silly and unreal. He laughed and said,

"You're a funny man. Are you a standup comedian? You want to play with me, yeah? Well, you got me. That was funny. It's not good to trick old people, and I'm getting older."

"Oleg Konstantinovich...even men like Kirill believe in friendship and brotherhood. His principles almost got him and her killed last year. And he made the same mistake, again."

Oleg still had a lingering smile on his face from his laughter but the man's last words made him hopeful once more. He clasped his fingers together and leaned on them on his desk and stared at the young man.

"I've been watching Kirill for 14 years. You think I don't know who he is? I know everything about him. And I know he has no real friends except maybe one."

"I'm the one." The young man said nodding. "I'm his friend. Which is why he trusts me. And so does she."

Oleg turned to the window and looked out at the yellowing leaves on the trees. Was this guy for real? He really wants something if he is willing to betray Kirill like that.