Honestly, he seemed more like a K-pop idol than an athlete. Because admittedly, Amina still couldn’t wrap her head around that fact.

Before she could comment, he was reprimanded by Chris, who, bless his soul, came to her rescue. “Stop saying nonsense. See the way you’ve made her blush.” He held up a serious demeanor, and because she didn’t know better, she didn’t expect what he added afterward. “Let them announce when she’ll become Mrs. Tafida first, then she’ll officially be our sister-in-law.”

Did she say something about God blessing his soul? She takes it back. He deserves none of that. Because the two went on to chuckle at her expense, while Bae Hyun, who had been silent since she arrived, maneuvered his way out, not sparing her a glance.

She wouldn’t lie; she couldn’t help but wonder if she had upset him in some way to deserve that, but she pushed it away, her gaze settling on the two men with flushed cheeks, as Chris had indeed stated.

It seemed she had judged him too quickly upon seeing him laugh like that. She had thought he was too serious, too gloomy.

He boasts a head of tousled, dirty blonde hair that frames his forehead in a casually messy manner. The strands fall effortlessly across his brow, hinting at a carefree attitude and a reluctance to be confined by convention. His deep brown eyes hold an air of mystery, revealing a complex inner world that beckons to be explored.

Though his gaze appears somewhat aloof, there’s an underlying warmth that invites interaction, making him approachable to those who seek to know him better. His appearance strikes a balance between nonchalant coolness and a magnetic pull.

While thinking of ways to get them to stop making fun of her, destiny seems to be against her, as the Tafida brothers made an appearance then, casually strolling into the well-lit space with profound curiosity.

“What’s going on here?” Dean asked, his lips slightly set into a frown upon seeing the look on her face and his friends laughing. He narrowed his eyes at them. “Which one of you upset her?” Knowing them, he knew they must’ve done something.

Hunter tried to hold back his laughter, only to break into fits that earned him a glare from Dean, upon knowing what they were capable of.

Choosing to ignore the man, he set his gaze on Amina, his brows drawn in worry, as he leaned down to meet her eye level. “Are you okay? I’m sorry about them; don’t take anything they say to heart, okay?”

Amina slanted her annoyed gaze from the two men to the one standing in front of her, her glare instantly disappearing. Her breath nearly hitched upon seeing how close he was to her, even if technically there was a reasonable distance between them.

However, he had his gaze fixed on her, those dark mesmerizing orbs luring hers into them. Not to mention, she’d had a crush on him since they met, even if she did well to hide it the day before.

Upon realizing she’d been mute longer than necessary, she swallowed thickly and then nodded, not trusting her vocal cords to let out the right words.

It seemed that was good enough for him, because his lips slanted into a warm smile that instantly had her stomach in flips. He nodded to himself, muttering something along the lines of “that’s my girl” under his breath.

That, of course, didn’t escape the jokers as they were quick to pick up on it and start a fresh teasing session. Luckily, this time around, it was halted by a grumpy voice.

“Tone it down. I can’t deal with this noise this early in the morning.” Amina knew whose voice belonged to without turning. She hadn’t paid attention to his presence in the room earlier, but she couldn’t ignore it any longer.