•••

"Hyra, yaar, tum mere saath chalo," Rafey said as soon as Hayder and Hyra stepped into the house.

(Hyra, come with me, please.)

"Kya hua, Rafey bhai?" Hyra inquired, her concern evident.

(What' wrong, Rafey bhai?)

"Uswa ka mood off hai. Chalo, zara ussey baat karo," Rafey urged Hyra, ignoring Hayder's disapproving glance. At that moment, Rafey's sole focus was Uswa.

(Uswa is upset. Come, talk to her.)

Hyra nodded in agreement and followed Rafey, leaving Hayder visibly surprised.

Hayder watched as Hyra left with Rafey, his curiosity piqued by their sudden departure. He turned to look at the door, contemplating whether to follow them or go upstairs. He decided to go upstairs first.

Meanwhile, Rafey had just informed Hyra why Uswa's mood is down. They had all been looking forward to a movie night, and Uswa had been particularly excited. However, things took a turn when Minal and Zara announced that they are leaving, prompting Shahzaib to cancel his plans, citing a lack of enthusiasm, and Rabia told Kubra to stay in as well, fearing the evil eye on her fresh engagement. Uswa's initial excitement had now turned into disappointment.

When Hyra stepped into Uswa's room, she found her friend sulking on the bed, arms crossed tightly, and a deep frown etched across her face. Standing nearby was Sami, who seemed rather pleased about the canceled plans.

"Bohot achha hua, mujhe ghar pe chorhke ja rahe the na. Achha hua," Sami exclaimed, clearly relieved that they wouldn't be going out without him.

(That's great; you were leaving me alone at home, weren't you? Good thing.)

"Sami, main maar dungi tumhe," Uswa threatened, grabbing a nearby pillow and tossing it at him.

(Sami, I'll hit you.)

Rafey shot Hyra a sheepish look, silently conveying the gravity of the situation. Hyra nodded in agreement, understanding the tension in the room.

•••

"Kuch din aur ruk jati aap. Itni jaldi kyu ja rahi hain," Hayder asked to Minal, after Hanif Mirza informed him of the plan.

(You should stay for few more days. Why are you leaving so soon?)

"Nahi, beta, ghar mein zaroori kaam hai. Fir kabhi aungi," Minal replied.

(No, dear, there are important things to do at home. I'll come another time)

Kubra, who had been busy with preparations and the function since their arrival yesterday, chimed in, "Zara ko rehne dein." She wraps her arm around Zara.

(Let Zara stay.)

"Tumhari shadi mein ek mahine pehle bhej dungi Zara ko," Minal smiled at Kubra in an attempt to reassure her. But Kubra's disappointment was evident.

(I'll send Zara to your wedding a month in advance.)

"Achha theek hai, shayad koi zaroori kaam ho. Hayder, jao raat se pehle chorh aao Minal aur Zara ko," Hanif Mirza suggested, turning to Hayder.

(Alright, maybe there's something important. Hayder, go and drop Minal and Zara before night.)

"Ji, baba, main bas fresh ho jau," Hayder replied before making his way to his room.

(Okay, baba, let me get fresh up first.)

"Fresh ho jao, aur nashta bhi karlo, itni bhi jaldi nahi ab," Minal called after then turned to Zara. "Jao, Hayder ke liye nashta bana do." Since the cook hadn't arrived yet, Minal instructed Zara to prepare breakfast.