𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 (𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙾𝚖𝚎𝚐𝚊)

Y/N Pov

1210 words

A/N Let's pretend Disney exists in Star Wars

A job in Cid's Parlor was far from glamorous. The floors were sticky, the lights flickered, and you often found yourself bored as you waited for anything to accomplish.

You slid behind the bar at the beginning of your shift like every day, aimlessly drumming your fingers on the counter.

Cid waddled toward the bar, and you smiled at the Trandoshian. She scowled in return.

"I've got some company coming in. Just tell the leader, Bandana, as I call him, I'll be back shortly. And be nice, Y/n. I don't want another incident," she demanded.

You groaned, "It wasn't my fault!"

The 'incident' happened a few days ago. You accidentally dumped a tray of drinks on a patron, and the poor guy stomped out furiously. Cid later disclosed he was an informant carrying valuable information. She wasn't too happy about losing potentially valuable intel. Cid threatened to dock your paycheck because of it.

"Yeah, yeah," she grumbled before exiting the establishment.

You placed your head in your hands and surveyed the parlor. Aside from the two usual goons, no other customers showed up. You went through your routine of wiping counters and checking stocks but quickly ran out of things to do.

You contemplated going on break when the doors opened, but a group of four walked toward the bar. They looked like soldiers with dark red and black armor. One was tall and burly with a large scar on his head. Another with goggles typed away on a datapad. A pale guy with a screwdriver for a hand looked over his shoulder. The fourth and final person had long hair and a bandana.

You then noticed a young girl trailing behind them. You blinked twice to assure yourself you weren't seeing things.

I suppose families come in all shapes and sizes. You thought.

"Is Cid in?" the stranger inquired.

"You must be Bandana. Cid's out currently, but I expect she'll be back soon," you remarked.

"I'm Hunter."

"Y/n," you replied, embarrassed.

"I haven't seen you around here before. I'm Omega," the girl—Omega— hopped onto a bar stool and smiled at you.

"It's nice to meet you, Omega," you grinned.

"Y/n, get back to work! I don't pay you to socialize!" Cid barked as she reentered the parlor.

꧁༻꧂

You soon found out all about the Bad Batch. They worked for Cid and often came to visit. You often chatted with them and enjoyed their company, although Omega was your favorite.

You always had a soft spot for children, and Omega was no exception. You admired her liveliness and curiosity. She was such a sweet girl, and her childhood wasn't ideal. You tried to provide as much normalcy as possible, although there wasn't much you could do.

One morning, following a meeting with Cid, Hunter approached you.

"Y/n, can I ask for a favor?" he inquired. He looked uneasy.

"Of course, Hunter," you smiled. You developed a little crush on Hunter over the past couple of weeks and were eager to help him in any way possible. "What do you need?"