𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜: 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘 (𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛)

Y/n POV

1,270 words (More than I was expecting. Sorry)

You paced through a dim alley on Ord Mantell. The stench of the city permeated your nostrils. You wrinkled your nose at the scent and shook your head. To your dismay, the odor remained intact.

You preferred to wait in Cid's parlor, but the Trandoshian didn't trust you, and the sentiment was mutual. You thought Cid was a sketchy character. Her motivation was profit alone, and her empathy was nonexistent.

You heard the echo of footsteps and the last of Cid's coarse remarks, "And don't you boys come around empty-handed!"

You shifted to scrutinize Hunter's face, and he stared back with equal inquiry.

The rest of the squad was on a supply run, but you volunteered to join Hunter's visit to Cid's.

Since our untimely confessions weeks ago, you slowly opened up like a budding blossom. Conversations transitioned from occasional questions to lengthy stories and talks. Although you were still accommodating, Hunter was forever patient. He was always by your side, helping you in any way possible. Hunter even taught combat training.

He was your anchor. He kept you grounded when the dreams returned. Or when You slinked back into solitude. He sat with you through sleepless nights in the cockpit. He told you stories of former missions or his brother's antics. Occasionally, he would mention Crosshair, the brother who wasn't around.

You told him about the splintered memories of your former life. Of the few things you retained from your home planet. You could illustrate the pristine peaks and leafy forests of Alderaan, and recall the feel of crisp air filling your lungs and the perfume of the pine trees.

Hunter's compassion was admirable. He always put others above himself, particularly his family. You frequently caught yourself smiling at his paternal affection for Omega.

Some unknown force pulled you toward Hunter. You cared for him in a way You never thought possible. Some forgotten emotion deep inside of you resurfaced when You were with him. You yearned for his presence. Even if you sat in silence, he healed me. You knew there was a slim chance Hunter felt the same. How could he?

"How'd it go?" You questioned. You could tell from the tone of her remark Cid wasn't happy.

"We're leaving tonight," he paused, "And I think you should come."

You couldn't help as the anxiousness crept into your mind. It was the first official mission You would join. You tried to suppress all the thoughts of how it could fall apart. Hunter noticed.

"You'll be fine," he placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder. You smiled weakly, wishing he was right.

꧁༻

You weren't fine.

The mission failed miraculously fast. The extraction didn't go as planned, so now Hunter, Wrecker, Echo, and you ran through the gritty streets of Mos Eisley with three Weequays shooting at you from speeders.

Your boots kicked up sand, and the coarse dirt settled into your socks. I hate sand, You internally remarked.

You could see the Marauder just ahead, and you tightened your grip on the box tucked under your arm. Whatever it was, the pirates weren't happy we liberated their load.

"Just a little further," you heard Wrecker shout in front of me. Echo turned and shot at one of the speeders, slamming it into another.

As the two exploded in a crimson fire, you wondered where the third speeder went. You swore there were three moments ago.