𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 (𝙰𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗)

Y/N Pov

1,113 words (sorry)

A/N I love that picture of Anakin and R2D2!

As you roamed the grand halls of the Jedi temple, you couldn't stop the sneaking suspicion of scrutinizing eyes.

Of course, the scarce Jedi in the temple weren't observing you. At most, they sensed your tension but nothing more.

No one knew. No one knows. No one will know. You repeatedly told yourself, although the words weren't comforting. You strolled around the temple, observing the magnificent architecture. The immense stone columns and elaborate statues of past Jedi distracted you from your worries.

Anxiety was a constant companion throughout your life. After all, being a Jedi was never leisurely. You encountered grueling sieges, aggressive negotiations, and intense strategizing. There was regularly something to stress over.

Although your current predicament was unrelated to the war, but rather a specific Jedi Knight you evaded. Every reminder of him reminded you of your faults, of what you lost or could still lose.

"I made the right choice," you muttered so quietly you could scarcely hear your words. Flashes of the confrontation came back in a blur.

"Y/n, don't do this," he pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Ani. I can't take it anymore," you blinked away the tears and turned away. He reached for your hand; you foolishly let him take it.

You sensed his frustration and sorrow as similar emotions muddled your mind. You desperately wanted to stay, but that wasn't an option.

"It's for the best. You'll thank me later," you choked on the words. You slipped out of Anakin's grasp and walked away.

Although you never admitted it, you loved Anakin. It was because you loved him that you broke it off. You couldn't let feelings devastate your lives. Your confidential relationship went further than either of you predicted. Juggling emotions, Jedi duties, and the facade were unbearable.

You couldn't risk the only life you'd ever known for something that may not last. If the council ever found out, they would expel both of you in a heartbeat. You could never forgive yourself if that were to happen.

Being a Jedi meant sacrificing personal gain for the greater good. You did just that. You made the decision. You would both be better off without each other, but You didn't feel like it. You felt worse now that we were apart. Letting him go was more challenging than any battle.

Over the past week, You concentrated on your duties and studies. You meditated more often and read Jedi Texts for guidance. You threw yourself into sparring with your former Master Depa Bilaba or anyone else who offered. You even instructed younglings. Despite all the distractions, there was still a gaping hole in your chest.

Scars heal with time. You thought, although it didn't seem possible.

There had been times when You felt Anakin reaching out through the force. His connection was strong, but you resisted.

You had no idea if you could avoid him in person, but it hadn't come to that, and you wished it wouldn't.

The beep of your commlink pulled you back to reality. It was a message from Master Windu.

"Jedi Y/l/n, please report to the briefing room to receive your next assignment," he coolly conveyed.

You replied a bit too hastily and rushed down the corridor. Master Windu intimidated you more than any other Jedi, and you feared his reaction to your breach in the code.