Chapter Seven

Clarissa's POV

I panted and drank some of the water out of Deiter's pack, "This is bullshit. Where is everyone?" I pulled out the map, "Maybe they're heading to the shed for a signal." I stopped and heard some distant, large footsteps. I ran towards the sound as softly as possible, knowing that it was the parent Rexes going after the dumbasses. I heard screaming and roaring from the Rex and I ran faster, not caring if everything in the jungle heard me.

I followed the trail of footsteps of Rex and people to a waterfall and stopped, looking down into a puddle, seeing a crushed man, "That had to fucking hurt." I ducked behind a bush as the Rex left and I sprinted to the waterfall, hearing screams inside. I ran inside and glared at everyone, "Surprise bitches!" Kelly burst out into tears, "Mom!" Kelly hugged me tightly and Ian started to sob, joining the hug. Everyone looked relieved and Ian kissed me deeply, cupping my cheeks as Kelly's tears drenched my shirt. 

Ian pulled away, "You're not hurt are you?" I shook my head, "No, I'm fine." Sarah looked at me, "Did you see Deiter?" I smirked, "Oh, yeah. He was kind enough to give me his pack." Nick shivered, "She's spooky." Ian grinned, "And that's why I loveeeee her." I giggled, "Let's get the hell out of here." Everyone nodded and I looked at Kelly, "Do you want to stay close to me?" Kelly nodded, "I'm not letting go." 

As we ran out into the meadow, I looked around in confusion and Nick picked something up, "This looks like Ajay's bag." Ian looked at me in fear and I had the same look and then looked at the rest of our group, "This isn't good." Ian gulped, "Go, as fast as you can. If anything happens, Clare might be able to convince them to leave us alone." 

We booked it as quickly as possible with Kelly holding onto Ian and I's hands. We made it to the other end of the meadow and as soon as we did, we all fell down a water runoff and slammed onto the ground in a pile. I groaned as I held my ribs, "Son of a bitch not again." Ian helped me up but also groaned as he felt pain in his leg, sitting beside me. Kelly stood close by us as Nick pulled out a map, "They said the communications center is in the operations building. I'll get in there and send the radio call. See you all there." I grabbed his arm, "Are you crazy? Wait for us. We're better in a group." Nick started to run, "Every second counts, if you can keep up, you're welcome to try."

Ian stood up, "Okay, here we come." Sarah shook her head, "No. Dr. Malcolm. Rest." Kelly sniffled and hugged me, "I really wish I didn't come, I'm sorry I didn't listen." I kissed her head, "Now do you know why your father and I really didn't want you to come?" Sarah and Kelly nodded, "We see." I sighed, "Nick's gonna die. I'm not going to sugarcoat it." 

We stood up and I clutched my ribs as Ian limped along and we made it into the center. "Nick?" Ian called out, "Nick!?" Nick didn't respond and I got nervous, "Ian. I think you should stop yelling so loud. I don't like this." Kelly latched onto me and I groaned as she hit my ribs. "Sorry," She whispered and I kissed her head, "It's okay."

Ian walked over to us and held onto us as Sarah was tackled by a Raptor who was now biting her pack. I yelled out and shoved Kelly to Ian as I grabbed a pipe and hit the car beside us to distract it. "Sarah, take Kelly inside! Anywhere inside!" Ian said and two more Raptors launched themselves into the door as Ian stuck close to me. 

The Raptor didn't get the memo about me so he chased Ian and me in a car and I snarled at it, causing him to snarl back. Ian held me close and then looked over to the building that Kelly and Sarah went into, "Clare." I gasped, "They're gone. Shit!" Ian and I got out and went into the building looking around to see no one. "Look out!" I looked up at Kelly and looked back down to see a Raptor coming in and started to climb with Ian right behind me. 

"Kelly no!" I heard Sarah yell and I looked over to see her doing gymnastics and gasped when a Raptor was right by my face. Ian held me close as the Raptor glared at Ian and I was confused, "Wait. Ian, let me go." Ian looked panicked, "This isn't time for a hypothesis." I walked away from Ian, "Just wait." I noticed that once I was away from Ian, the Raptor wasn't aggressive, and then Kelly kicked the Raptor causing it to fall to the ground outside and was impaled. 

Kelly, Ian, and I went to the ground and Ian took a deep breath, "The school cut you from the team?" Sarah cried out, "Get out of here! Go!" We ran out quickly finding the other Raptor close behind us, but following Sarah. After Sarah fell out of a window, Ian and I picked her up, running towards Nick and the helicopters. 

We made it to the landing pad and got into the helicopters, I looked at the pilot, "What about the other survivors if any?" The pilot yelled over the sound, "There's another chopper coming! Don't worry Mrs. Hammond!" We took off and I hugged Kelly as she cried. Ian kisses her head, "It's okay. It's over now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Ludlow's POV

I smiled at Roland, "This T-Rex and its infant will single-handedly save InGen! And you've got your trophy! A buck only! People will be lining up to see this!" Roland looked at me, "Congratulations." I frowned, "What's wrong?" 

Roland sighed, "Ajay didn't make it." I sighed, "I'm sorry. Truly I am." Roland grabbed my arm, "Your cousin will not stand for this. You know that you don't make decisions in InGen's welfare. Once the board knows that your cousin didn't give the order, they will be furious." 

I nodded, "I'm willing to take that risk to show them that I'm the better pick for InGen's heir."