4.

Tanisha -

I was in my office going over my rebuttal for the case I was defending today when my phone started ringing I saw Kash's name on the screen and huge smile spread across my face I hurried up and answered.

"Hey daddy," I said seductively into the phone. She laughs I could tell she was blushing.

"Hey baby, you get your flowers?" She asks me.

"Yeah I got them the driver left them at the front desk, and I love the poem you wrote me," i replied still smiling wide myself.

"I'm glad you liked it boo, I just called to hear your voice I was missing you like crazy,"

"I miss you too, I was just in here going over my opening and closing statements I am so nervous baby because if I don't win this case my boss is gonna be on my ass and I don't have time for his shit," I say honestly.

"You gone do good baby, you a bad ass in that courtroom,"

"Aww thank you, what you doing staying out of trouble?"

"Yeah I'm good eating me a lil chicken from sharks I got hungry as hell, but I'm waiting on my unc to send me the lo for this spot I gotta go to,"

"Okay baby we'll be safe,"

"We still going out tonight right?" She asks

"Yeah baby of course why wouldn't we?"

"I'm just making sure, I got plans for you tonight,"

"Mmm well im finna hurry up," I say and we both bust out laughing.

"You some else baby but I love you imma call you when I'm outside,"

"Okay baby I love you too bye," I say hanging up I got back to going over my statements. I didn't lie I was behind nervous, nervous as hell but I told myself to put my best foot forward and do what I needed to do. I knew this case like the back of my hand, I had been going over my notes the evidence my clients testimony. This man was on trial for murder and based on the evidence something was missing.

Now the forensic scientist said from the blood patterns someone with a left hand had to have shot the gun but my client was right handed and at the time the murder happened he had an excuse to where he was and his phone pinged those exact same towers, but from what it seems something sneaky is going on and I have a feeling there's a dirty cop, my boss is twisted in this bullshit because he's on my ass about making sure this man gets put away for good. I don't know what personal vendettas they have on him but he's stubborn as hell and won't talk.

I didn't know what to do if he wasn't giving me what I needed to help him. He had a family, two boys and a wife waiting on him at home. If this was me I would be squealing like a bird so I could go home to my woman. I finished typing up my statements and printed them so I could give them to my boss Steven of course he just had to review it before I represented in court. I don't know how but I was going to get down to the bottom of all this shit.

I pulled out my burner calling my old friend Donovan, he used to work for the DEA until he stepped down and retired. His wife was really ill so he took care of her until she passed last year. I tried to always keep in touch with him since he helped me out so much when I was trying to take the bar exam. I was struggling staying from hotel to hotel with my baby girl, running away from Will's ass. Will found me at Donovan's house he accused me of sleeping with him and Donovan never tried anything with me he was always just a brother. He beat the shit out of Will and sent him on his ass running. I built the courage to file for divorce then.

"Hey sis long time no talk," he says into the phone.

"Hey D, I just wanted to hear your voice, catch up,"