Chapter 2 🦁: A Perplexing Deal

Start from the beginning

"Pardon me, friend. I see you were able to get your hands on the highly-prized deluxe menchi katsu sandwich. Incredible!" He starts to approach the table. Cyno looks at him unimpressed, if he remembers correctly, this guy's name is Ruggie. They've encountered him once with the Savanaclaw's Housewarden: Leona Kingscholar in the botanical garden. "Hm? Who're you and whaddaya want with my meat?" Grim asks, probably doesn't remember the guy. Ruggie then noticed the beautiful General sitting there, he just gave a smile and greeted him: "We've met again, General Cyno. I've seen you have quite a harvest. My name is Ruggie Bucchi, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person." Cyno just gives him a nod and greets him back making a certain Heartslabyul duo have given the guy a death glare. 'Great, another competitor!'

"Can I help you?" Cyno asks bluntly. "Oh, I'm just a guy who wanted to buy that sandwich you've got there, but arrived a smidge too late." The guy says while pointing at Grim's sandwich. "Speaking of which, here's a proposition for you... Would you be willing to trade your deluxe menchi katsu sandwich for this exciting mini bean paste bread?"

"Huh!? You must be out of your mind, dude!" Grim denied but the hyena guy didn't seem to give up either: "Ma~ Ma~. Let's not be like that. Here, have the mini bean paste bread. I insist."

"Fnga! What is the name of tuna...!? My paws are movin' on their own!" Grim yells as he moves moving paw with the sandwich and gives it to Ruggie. 'Something is wrong. Grim would never give his food to anybody.' Cyno narrowed his eyes and then realized it was magic. "Sounds like we have ourselves a deal! Shishishi! What luck that I found a kind soul willing to trade. You enjoy that hot dog bun, I do hope you can find something to fill it with. Anyway, nice doing business with you. Toodles!" And just like that Grim lost his deluxe menchi katsu sandwich to a hyena boy. "F... F... Fngaaaa! My deluxe menchi katsu sandwich!!! *sniff* Aw, maaan... *sniff* This is *munch* the worst day *munch* of my pathetic life! I can barely *munch* choke down my lunch!"

"You just ate three pastries in ten seconds."  Ace deadpanned, while Deuce was still confused as to why the Seven Grim would trade his food for someone else. "I still don't get why you even traded at all."

"Of course not! It's like when he put his hand out, my paw is also hot out-like it was copyin' his! It's all happening too fast, too..." Grim protests. "Ah~ Like a deer caught in the sandwich-stealing highlights," Ace struggles to comprehend Grim's explanation, and even Grim himself cannot fully express the feeling he has just experienced. Cyno remains quiet about what just happened, recognizing it as magic. He vaguely recalls that Ruggie's signature spell is 'Laugh With Me', which enables him to control the movements of others by forcing them to mimic his actions. Although it's possible to use the spell on multiple people at once, Cyno has no solid evidence to make a judgment on Ruggie. He has a hunch that this won't be the last time he will encounter Ruggie Bucchi or Leona Kingscholar, and they will deal with the two matters later. For now, they need to focus on what's important. The crow had summoned them after class to discuss the Overblot incident involving Riddle. The crow better has the information they need, or he will face Cyno's 'judgment'. They quickly finish their meals and head back to class, eager to arrive and put an end to Cyno's endless stream of bad jokes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~ Meanwhile in the Botanical Garden ~

"Leona-san~ Lunch is served, my friend!" Ruggie called out to the housewarden who was lounging on the grass. Leona stirred before opening his eyes.: "... Is noon already?" Ruggie couldn't help but let out a small sigh in disbelief: "Don't tell me you fell asleep all morning! You're going to fail more of your course class!"

"*sniff* *sniff* Smells like you got what I asked ya' for! And I guess you've met the omnivore. I can smell him on you." Leona slowly sits up, when he smells the food he 'asks' Ruggie to take it for him. "Shishishi~ Of course, I have. The rumor was wrong, he is indeed beautiful and powerful at the same time. As for your food and drink, here. *sigh* Must you always request the most popular item on bakery day?" Leona snatched the food and drinks from Ruggie with a scowl aimed at the hyena. He hadn't expected the omnivore to be there. But now, he had the motivation to make a habit of going to the cafeteria every day. However, before that, he needed to find a way to deal with those goody-two-shoes Heartslabyul students. "Are ya braindead? The fact that it's hard to get is exactly what makes me want it so bad! And don't think I can't see the way you look at the omnivore. He's mine, and it's already annoying that Heartslabyul is head over heels for him."

"Me? I'll eat anything so long as it isn't moldy. But as a prince, I doubt you can relate, your Highness. As for the beautiful General, sorry Leona-san. I have my eyes on him first. You might be the housewarden but I won't back down without a fight for the General." Ruggie answers, fully aware that he won't easily win Leona, but he'll do whatever it takes to make the General his. "Hmmph. I like to see you try Ruggie. Besides, it ain't like I'm first in line for succession. I'm second, so I probably won't ever be king. I'm practically a commoner."

"That reminds me of the time you mistook a picture of my family's home for the doghouse," Ruggie says sarcastically. "Did I... do that?"

"You did. I wish my perspective was so wrapped in a life of luxury." Ruggie answers but Leona just brushes off. "Nah, the Royal life stinks, honestly. All that matters is the order of your birth. Hard work and talent mean nothin'."

"Hmmm... I guess I could see that being a drag. Oh, there's a housewarden meeting after school today about the Magical Shift (Magift/Spelldrive) tournament. Please try to show up." Ruggie nags making Leona groan in frustration. "Ugh, what a pain."

"As the housewarden, you get the biggest room in the dorm. You could at least make a token effort to do the corresponding job. Besides, your crush will be the too. I'm jealous ~." Ruggie is still in disbelief that this is his housewarden. "All right already. Fine. Stop whinin'. Ahhh... Now that my belly is full, I'm ready for another snooze. Wake me after lunch break is over."

"*murmur* I'm not your alarm clock, Leona-san! You know I have my own- Ah, he's already out. *sigh* Anyway, I hope we'll meet again soon General Cyno."

.

.

.

'Achoo! Why do I have a feeling that someone is talking about me? Anyway, Crowley has called us for a meeting after lunch. He said he would explain everything he knows about the blot incident, but I have a hunch that he won't reveal everything. Nevertheless, I'll try to gain as much information as possible from him.' Cyno thinks while the group is making their way to the headmage's office.

' Cyno thinks while the group is making their way to the headmage's office

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm excited to be back after a brief hiatus. My apologies for the delay, but I've been occupied with school, work, and a bout of laziness. I want to express my sincere appreciation for all of your love and support for the story. Your votes and comments mean a lot to me, and I am truly grateful for them. With Chapter 1 now complete, I am thrilled to start Chapter 2 and continue this journey with you all.