Chapter 2 🦁: A Perplexing Deal

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕 ~ Dream world ~ 🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

'Hm? The wind is blowing? What's happening here?' A male lion is walking in front with a monkey trailing behind him. The monkey seems to be holding something. 'A lion cub?' As he moves closer, the male lion stands beside a female lion, and the monkey holds a lion cub up high with the sun's rays shining through the sky. 'Seems like some sort of ceremony.'

.

.

.

.

.

~ Morning ~

Cyno wakes up from yet another dream feeling uneasy. He wonders why he always has bad feelings after such dreams. He hopes that the crow who helped him travel to Sumeru finds a way to send him back soon, or he might end up roasting the bird with his lightning. As usual, Cyno wakes up before Grim, who is sleep-talking about how powerful he is, probably dreaming about their fight with Riddle's Overblot. Cyno frowns as he recalls the event, as he is still trying to gather more information about it. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to find anything useful yet. He decides that he needs to visit the headmage's office to get more details. Cyno finishes his morning routine, wakes Grim up, and prepares for school.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

⏳ ~Time skip to lunchtime ~ ⌛

"Ugh, Professor Trein must have cast a sleepin' spell on me. I fourth to stay awake, but he was solo boring!" Grim says grogily. Cyno does admit his lecture is quite dry but thanks to him Cyno can gain more information about this world. "Yeah, 'fought', sure. I heard you snoring five minutes in." Deuce shots back. "Grub time! What's it gonna be today?" Ace ignores the other two because he also fell asleep during Trein's class. When they arrived at the cafeteria, there was a huge crowd: "Huh, wait? What's going on? Why's it so crowded in here?" Ace asks. One of the cafeteria ghosts answers them: "That famous bakery from out of town is serving up their goods. It only happens once a month! Their stock sells out fast, so you'd better hurry!" He stares at the crowd, lets out a defeated sigh, and decides to have a normal meal instead of fighting for a piece of bread.

"Gimme three of those chocolate croissants!" One student orders. "Woo-hoo, I snagged an egg salad sandwich this month! These things are AMAZING!" Another student smiled joyfully. Grim, a cat monster with an insatiable appetite, was always eager to try new pastries. He would even compete with the seniors for the last deluxe menchi katsu sandwich, much to Cyno's disapproval. However, when Cyno showed up, everyone noticed him and generously offered him their food. This made Ace and Deuce envious, although they could easily get their hands on the pastries themselves. Cyno felt a little embarrassed and puzzled by everyone's kindness. He couldn't finish all the food by himself and wondered if he should share it with Ace and Deuce. Suddenly, something interrupted his thoughts. Suddenly Cyno hears a familiar voice: "Rats. Looks like I'm late for the monthly bakery battle royale. And now they're sold out of the grilled cheese Leona-san sent me to buy for him." He then spotted Grim holding the last grilled cheese sandwich dancing in victory."Myahahaha! I'm gonna savor the flavor of this victory!"