Chapter 1 🌹: Calm before the storm

~ A few moments later ~

Cyno, Deuce, and Grim arrived at the school store: Mister S's Mystery Shop. The three of them are surprised by how it looks: "Hello, can I get some he- Whoa. This shop is wild. they have crystal skulls, grimoires, taxidermied... Uh, I don't even know what animal that is!" Deuce exclaims after walking into the shop. Cyno never sees any shops like this before making his curiosity rise to an urge to study each item here to see what it does. But then he remembered Trey said that they sell almost everything here: 'I wonder if they sell any Genius Invokation TCG card packs here?'  Grim looks at the shop suspiciously: "You think they sell cream here?"

Suddenly a young man with magenta eyes, black-and-purple locs flipped over the right side of his head, and an undercut. Beneath his maroon blazer, he wears a bright purple vest that has skeletal motifs as buttons. He wears a hat that is sewn together of maroon and black colored parts. He has a small skull affixed to his a red clothing wrapped around the hat. He wears a necklace decorated with long, tooth-looking bones. He also wears a black apron, tied together with a black-and-white ribbon. He has a single pocket visible near his hip, which holds a green hamsa-type object inside. He also has white skeletal markings painted beneath his eyes, on his neck, on his chest, and on his forearms there are also white rib markings on the bright purple vest. On the side of his blazer, he wears a pin shaped like a wooden face mask.

 On the side of his blazer, he wears a pin shaped like a wooden face mask

"Greetings, my stray imps. How are you today? Welcome to Mr. Sam's Mystery Shop. What among my humble selections interests you? A charm from a secluded land? The mummified remains of an ancient king? A cursed tarot card?" This shop is interesting but they have a list to get and a limited amount of money for things on the list. "Um, we wanted to buy all the items on this list..." Deuce says.

"Ring up two cans of tuna while you're at it!" Grim sees his chance to get a can of tuna and completely forgets about the punishment that Cyno gives him. "Grim." Cyno's voice sends a chill to everyone in the shop, Deuce just praying that Cyno won't go into his 'judgment' form while Sam just sweatdropped feeling the killing aura coming from the white-haired boy. Grim flinches and remembers that he was punished by Cyno-sama because he tried to skip class this morning: "O-On second thought, maybe later." Cyno looks pleased then he turns back to the shopkeeper making him flinch a little bit: "W-Well let's take a look at the list, shall we? Let's see... Hmmm, cream, eggs, etc. Quite the sacchariferous list! I'll get everything for you." Then he quickly disappears into the back to get all the stuff on the list. Unknown to them, Sam lets out a relieved sigh after he goes to the back. This was the first time a student gave him that vibe as if his life is on a thin string and it will be cut at any time if he does something wrong. Shaking the feeling he needs to find those ingredients on the list, now, where did put those? While outside, the three were still amazed about the shop: "Whoa... He does stock that stuff, huh?"

~ A few minutes later ~

Sam comes out with all the stuff they need: "Here you go. It's pretty heavy... Are you sure you can carry this? Luckily for you, our 1/100th-size flying saucers are 30% off today. Perfect for carrying groceries!" Grim's eyes shine up when he hears the deal but of course, Deuce immediately shoots down the idea making Grim complain: "Ffnya! I didn't realize today was National No Fun Allowed Day!"