Hot and Cold

Preston's POV 

8:03AM

As soon and Bri finished her pizza I stood up and grabbed her wheel chair, slowly leaving the cafeteria I try and start another conversation.

"soo how long do you think your leg will heal?"

"well the doctor said about 6-8 weeks with physical therapy"

"good yeah... uhm yeah that's nice"

jeez I hate this, after a while we made it too Brianna's room. I bring her over to the bed and she insisted that she got on it herself.

"hey do you really thi-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"IS THAT THE FIRE ALARM?"

Brianna asks in a panic, oh come on Preston you got this.

"It's gonna be okay..!"

I run over to her and pick her up, oh shoot this hurts real bad. Even worst we're on the top floor. I limp outside the room to see screaming and crying. No employees, not even Dr. Jupiter. Breathing becomes harder and harder, I run over the stairs and begin to run down. Crowds of people block each other.

Finally I see Dr. Jupiter. "DOCTOR!" he turns and runs over to me. I couldn't hold Brianna anymore during the pain. I handed her over to him and he nods and runs down the stairs.

"oh please tell me I made the right decision.."

I mutter to myself under my breath, I pick myself back up and run down the stairs but now it feels like my throat is are closing. No one is in site, I can't even see. Maybe this might be my fate, this might be how I die.. I stumble over and hit the floor hard. The last thing I felt is my hand being pulled and that's when I couldn't feel or see anything.

Brianna's POV

8:37AM

Preston.. I'm sorry.. please be alive, I can't do this without you.. Please come out of that building. At the point I'm crying and balling my eyes out. Please come out.. you could've came with me.

I hear other sobs and cries, going through the same pain right now. Wondering if their loved ones have met death already.. fire fighters surrounding the building. Until I feel a hand touch my shoulder. Keeley.. she pulled me in for a hug as I hugged her I saw everyone else. Their eyes told me everything.

Sadness and despair, Preston hang on.. please. I continue to cry onto Keeley's shoulder.

"He's going to make it I know.."

Keeley says with tear filled eyes, I wish I could've believed it but my mind told me he was gone..

Preston's Pov

11:32AM

Frostbite.. everyone knows frostbite from the cold.. and burns you get them from high heat. In this case I would endure both..

"I've been watching your wife.. she's crying for her little cuddle buddy right now"

Derick snickers, before placing a hand on my head and messing with my hair. He walks around the room as I was placed in the center. Luckily I didn't have any restraints on me or the metal device.

"You have any questions?"

I glare at him but simply say

"how many questions?"

"1 but you just asked a question.. buttt i'll let it pass since your my brother"

"you are not my brother.."

he scoffs, and flicks my head with his finger.

"oh but I am and you have to accept that, now what is your question?"

I sigh and say

"what do you want from me?"

he raised an eyebrow.

"I want to make your life a living hell"

and with that he slams me against the wall and places the device to my mouth and wraps ropes to my wrists and ties it to the wall.

He pulls out a stick of metal and with his other hand he grabs a burning bucket of wood. He then puts on gloves and grabs a bucket of some sort of smoking stuff coming out of it..

He grabs my chin and asks..

"1 or 2?"

..obviously I didn't answer..

"I'll go with 1"

he grins and places the hot rod of metal in the burning bucket.. what's he doing? This is crazy.

"While that warms up let's have a brotherly conversation shall we?"

He grabs a remote and the mouth piece unlatches but still around my neck..

"You got any kids yet bro?"

he grins.. this guy is really getting on my nerves...

"no.. I do not"

"how old are you?"

"...29"

He laughs, I bet he doesn't even have kids so why should he be the one to talk! I sigh and ask.

"What about you? how old are you?"

"I'm 38 years young"

I roll my eyes and he stands up heading for the bucket..

"hot enough.."

I hear him whisper, he walks over to me glaring down at me.

"this might hurt.. but oh well"

he places the rod onto the bare skin on my arm, before I could scream his hand covers my mouth as he slides it all over my arm. He then quickly runs over to the other bucket, throwing the metal stick in the burning bucket, he grabs some dry ice with tweezers and places it onto the burning flesh of my skin.

He covers my mouth muffling my screams, this process continued for about 3 rounds until blooding was oozing out of my arm, my breathing was slow and my arm felt like it could fall off at any moment.

"I'll get you some bandages for your stomach.. but your arm can you know just keep bleeding"

Derick walks out the room leaving me all by myself.. well this is huge turn of events. I groan and whine, the pain was too much to bare.. Derick returned with a first aid kit he lifts my shirts and cleans my stomach.

He giggles at the sight of the wound and wraps it tightly.

"Make yourself comfortable, your going to be here for a while.."