iv

"dumb feelings?!" you exclaimed.

"i was moping around because i thought my childhood friend, who i had a crush on my whole entire life, hated me for some reason i didn't know? are you calling these dumb feelings?!" i've never seen you so furious before.

"really?" i was puzzled. she had a crush on me this whole time?

"really. why are you even telling me this? i thought you liked ochaco." you huffed. still so cute.

"i lied. i had to lie. i know you'd never like me back and i didn't want to change what we had. how could i ever like someone else other than you?" i explained. i couldn't even shout at you. it's so easy for me to scream at everybody else but you've seemed to tame the monster in me.

"gosh, i really was about to just settle being friends with you as long as you didn't avoid me, you jerk! what else did you lie about?"

"about my dumb feelings? it doesn't feel dumb at all. on the contrary, it just makes sense. you're the only one i wanna spend my time with and i think i was just a coward for avoiding you instead of confessing. i'm sorry, really." i hope you forgive me.

"i'm sorry i lied to you too. i didn't wanna look stupid telling you i liked you when you just admitted you liked someone else. you better not avoid me anymore." you spoke, a lot calmer this time.

"even though this might ruin our friendship, i'd rather take the risk than never knowing how it feels to be yours. so, will you let me be your lover, y/n?" i asked. i feel so warm and nervous inside that i might burst any minute now.

"fuck our friendship! i'd still love you even if we're mortal enemies. of course katsuki, i wouldn't let anyone be my lover apart from you." you admitted. i could see tears falling from your eyes. those beautiful eyes that i wouldn't get tired of staring at.

i pulled your face close to me and wiped the tears off your cold face. you looked so fragile. so pretty looking up beneath me. your eyes red from crying, your nose pink from the cold, and your lips, they looked so pretty as if it's been wanting to crash on mine.

i wish i could kiss you.

"can i kiss you?" i didn't notice those words slip out of my mouth until it did. fear grew in me and i thought you would push me off, instead you nodded in submission.

"yes, please."

i didn't waste any time and captured your lips on mine. they were cold, yet soft and plump.  the taste of your strawberry chapstick entered mine when you tilted your head so i could kiss you better. we were in sync, like there's been a rhythm playing that only the two of us could hear as our lips danced with each other. we've never done this before, but it distinctly felt familiar. it just feels so right. we feel so right.

why did i ever doubt that we would work? why did i ever think i could go on with my life without spending the rest of it with you? why? even if you didn't like me back, i wouldn't mind pursuing you with all i have. or, with all i don't have, since i'm nothing without you.

the weather was freezing, yet i felt so warm as if fireworks were exploding from within me.  it's you, you kept me warm. you're the one who keeps the bomb within me sparkling. how could i ever get so lucky meeting you? what good did i ever do that i get to be called yours?

what a privilege it is to be your lover.

.