i.

winter has come but i've never felt this cold. i don't know if it's because of the weather or the suffocating feeling i feel in the pit of my stomach.

you're avoiding me.

you'd find excuses to go home earlier or later than me so we wouldn't have to go home together. you would pretend to be busy upgrading your suit or what not so you wouldn't have to eat lunch with me. you would avoid my gaze in classroom conversations and change the topic when i butt in.

no matter how you convince me you're not, i know you're avoiding me.

how could i let myself get so used to you? i feel so disgusted with myself that it's sickening.

i'm just a "friend" after all, why did i expect you to act like i'm someone more special. but even after knowing that, i can't help but wonder what i have done to you?

do you hate me?

did i do something wrong?

is there some unspoken reason why you're acting like i haven't been your best friend for ten years?

they said this was normal. childhood friends are bound to grow apart at some point. but i didn't expect that this would happen to us.

i didn't want this to happen to us.

as much as i wish i was someone more special, i'd rather suffer with these feelings if that's what it takes to stay being friends with you.

i miss you. i wish you were here to keep me warm.

"how are you l/n-san?" he concernedly asked.

.

a/n: somehow, when i was writing the last few chapters, i could hear music play in my mind. i think you'd like to enjoy listening to it it too while reading the rest of this.

the only exemption - paramore
sweet nothings - taylor swift
jenny - studio killers
electric love - børns