Chapter 28

**Lynn's Nightmare (Part 2)**

Lynn continued to weep silently in her bed until a glowing light came from the window. Then a big booming voice hollered from out her window, "Fie! Fi! Fo! Fum!"

Lynn looked out her window to see Blaine from the Love Boat show. Only he was a giant sitting in the backyard, surrounded by food and candlelight. He wore a white tank top with his jean shorts. Even as a giant, his muscles were big and buff.

"I smell! I mean, I smell—" Blaine said as he leaned in to look through the window.

Lynn ducked, and it was quiet for a while. Then she looked to see if he was gone, only to see a giant eyeball looking at her, "—a stinky little athlete!" Blaine said.

He sniffed again as he reached inside to grab her, "I think I do," Blaine grabbed Lynn, pulled her out, and sniffed again before spitting in disgust, "Yeah, I do."

Lynn looked at him with fear and pleaded, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't eat me! Please!"

Blaine raised his eyebrow in confusion, "Why would the Ghost of Current Present, that's me, want to eat a distasteful and sour little sore loser like you?" Blaine then put his hand over his heart, "Especially when there are so many good things to enjoy in life. See?"

Lynn got a closer look at all the food that lay before her. There were homemade buttermilk waffles dipped in syrup with scoops of butter, blueberry and chocolate pancakes, apple pies, vanilla cake with pink and white frosting covered with sprinkles, baked Alaska ice cream, seasoned smoked salmon with lemon, medium rare steak with mashed potatoes, seasoned salt French fries, chicken stripes, and gourmet cheeseburgers.

The site was beautiful and mouth-watering. The wonderful smell would be overshadowed by its rich flavor and taste. Lynn was in joyful awe and tried to grab some of it as Blaine held her up, hovering over the delicious meals.

"Oh my god! Burgers! Pies! Waffles!" Lynn cheered.

"And don't forget the breakfast croissants stuffed with seared sashimi tuna or the saffron corn with jalapeno honey butter!" Blaine smiled as he dropped Lynn on the ground, "Or the vanilla ice cream sundae dipped in chocolate syrup with rainbow sprinkles and a glazed cherry on top. Yum."

Lynn stood up, "Where did all this come from?"

"From the heart, junior."

Blaine hoisted Lynn up by her shirt, "It's the food of kindness and generosity. The kind that comes with sincere love from warm hearts. Which you have long denied your fellow people and family."

Lynn was shocked as her eyes widened, "Say what now?! Come on! I know I get rough sometimes, even mean, but I'm not that bad. It's not like I'm directly abusive. I got tons of love and nurturing. I can nurture all day long."

Blaine raised an eyebrow, "Really? You call that nurturing?"

Blaine brought Lynn over to the window of her house to see Lincoln and her in the hallway. Lynn was telling Lincoln to show up at her baseball game. Lincoln tried to say no and that he had other plans but unconditionally said yes due to Lynn threatening him with a baseball bat. Lynn's heart skipped a beat, and her pupils shrunk.

"I don't have to be an expert in human behavior to know that; that's not nurturing," Blaine stated while glaring at Lynn.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up! That's not fair. I didn't do that! That was a vision of a possible future, and it won't happen!" Lynn objected.

"But you were going to do that, Lynn. That was going to happen. You are capable of doing something that terrible to Lincoln, or have you already forgotten what your brother said and showed you at the hospital?" Blaine questioned.