Chapter 2

When morning came, Lincoln drank orange juice and poured himself some cereal. Since these powers or ability of future foresight, Lincoln didn't do many things that he'd typically do. He didn't watch 'ARGGH!' and didn't read much of Ace Savvy comics anymore. He mainly kept to himself, drawing and sketching. He resorted to doing peaceful things that would bring him contentment. The last thing he wanted to do was be with his family.

It was Sunday, and this was when everyone would fight for the TV remote to watch their favorite shows. Lincoln didn't bother as he lost interest in TV. Plus, Lincoln had been getting headaches for the past couple of days – skull-splitting heads. This lead to feeling faint and short of breath. Lincoln felt oozy and took a knee as the headaches took their toll on him, but he could hear his sisters arguing outside his room. Lincoln stayed in his room as his sisters headed downstairs to fight over the TV. Just as his visions predicted, the house's power went out.

"Alright! Alright, everyone, just calm down!" Lori yelled.

"AH! Guys, I can't see anything! I think I've gone blind!" Leni panicked.

"No, you didn't go blind. What the heck happened?" Lori questioned.

"I was just plugging in the old TV, and it must have made the power go out," Lucy explained.

"Of course, one of you did this," Lori sighed.

"What the heck did you do that for?" Lynn asked.

"Black and white are my favorite colors, along with spooky," Lucy answered.

They argued some more, and Luan cracked a joke which made everyone groan in irritation. Lisa gave her a cookie that made her glow in the dark, so now they could see.

"Okay, let's get that power back on," Lynn said.

"Hey, when Mom and Dad are out, I'm in charge. So first, we need to do a head count to make sure we're all here," Lori stated.

Lana counted, "One, two, three, four—"

"Everyone is accounted for except our brotherly sibling unit Lincoln," Lisa said.

"Lincoln!" Lori called.

She marched over to his room and tried to open the door, but it was locked. This got everyone's attention.

"What the—? Lincoln, your door has a lock? When did you—? Never mind, open up. We need to stick together," Lori stated.

Lincoln took some steady breaths before calling back, "Coming!"

Lincoln carefully but slowly got on his feet, but Lori was impatient.

"Hurry up, Lincoln! Now!" Lori ordered.

"I said I'm coming!" Lincoln shouted with anger in his tone.

Lincoln unlocked the multiple locks and opened the door.

"Lincoln, why does your door have locks?" Lori asked.

"None of you respect my privacy. You just barge right in, and you don't even knock. I had to do something," Lincoln answered.

"So you just—? Whatever, we'll deal with this later. Where's the circuit breaker thingie?" Lori asked.

"It's in the basement," Lincoln answered.

"You okay, little bro?" Luna asked.

Lincoln sighed heavily, rubbing his head, "No, Luna, I'm not. I got a skull-splitting headache, and it's not letting up. So please, don't yell and scream."

"We'll get you some Ibuprofen after the lights are back on. Now come on," Lori said, taking Lincoln's hand.

They headed downstairs to the door leading to the dark basement, devoid of light. Lori stood there staring at the dark abyss, unsure and frightened.