Chapter 12: Lake Purification

Author's note: I'm going to switch the events on the manga chapters 6-9 to fit my alternate reality timeline.

Reader's POV

After I scolded Fuwawa for the unauthorized suumoning, we've reached an agreement that my familiars can't summon themselves unless it's necessary.

'I should learn how to teleport,' I mumbled while I walked towards Axel town after I unsummon Fuwawa.

"Welcome back, Y/N-kun!" Solar-chan greeted once I arrived at her inn while Kiara was busy with her meal.

"I'm back, Solar-chan and Kiara!"

"What's your plan for today?" Solar-chan asked

"I'll visit the guild later to check on my party members after I get some rest. Please look after Kiara for a while"

"Leave it to me, I'll make sure that Kiara is safe and stuffed!" Solar-chan replied before I went back to my room.

(Scene break)

Third Person's POV

Meanwhile, Kazuma and the rest of the party were hanging out at the adventurers guild. Chris met up with them a couple minutes later after she returned from doing something.

"A quest! Even a hard one is okay, so let's take a quest!" Aqua suddenly exclaimed as she hit the table

"Eh, what's this all of a sudden?" Kazuma asked before he continued, "There's still nothing but high difficulty quests because of the demon king's general though. Besides, we're not having trouble with money you see..."

"W-What are you saying, you Hikineet! It's because only high difficulty quests remain, there's no party that can clear them. Therefore, by taking the iniative, accepting a quest, and exterminating a strong monster, I'll repay my debt with the huge reward money- I mean we'll save those people who are in trouble!" Aqua exclaimed then she suddenly felt a strong aura.

"Aqua-sama... Did I just hear you have another debt? Y/N asked after he arrived at the guild.

"N-No, you heard it wrong! We will exterminate strong monsters to save people not to pay off my debts!" Aqua replied with a nervous chuckle.

"Geez... I guess it can't be helped. I'll come along with you, so go look around for a reasonable quest," Kazuma said as he saved Aqua from Y/N's wrath before they checked the quest board.

"Let's subjugate the manticore and griffin who are having a turf war," Aqua suggested while holding the quest flyer.

"I said a 'reasonable quest' didn't I? What's with this land-mine quest?" Kazuma complained

"Wait! Let me have that, it'll be a good training for Fuwawa and Mococo," Y/N told them before Kazuma gave the flyer to their leader.

"I know Fuwawa, but who's Mococo?" Chris asked

"Mococo is a garm! I saved her with the help of Solar-chan and my familiars. By the way, Kiara evolved today, she's no longer a chick but a fully grown phoenix."

'He sounded like a proud parent,' Kazuma thought then he asked out loud, "What is a garm?"

"A garm is one of the guardians of the underworld. It is a distant relative to a cerberus," Chris informed them

'If a cerberus is scary, how much scarier is the garm?' the party thought

"Don't worry, they might be scary but they are softies," Y/N told them after he noticed their expressions.

"Ah! How about something like this? Water purification! The water of the lake which is the source of the river, having gone bad has started being inhabited by brutal alligators. Please purify it." Aqua told them as she pointed to the quest flyer.