Chapter 1: Introduction

Third Person POV

Y/N L/N is a third year high school student at Otonohoshi High. He is a popular student because he is the personification of a model student; His academic marks are always on the top, the perfect athlete and the class representative that every teacher and student relies on. 

However, Y/N has a secret that no one knows about. He is an otaku! Most Japanese teens are fans of anime, manga, games, male and female idols, singers, dancers, voice actors and voice actresses. He accidentally found his hobby during the debut of a group called "Trysail"  then he instantly fell in love with the song and its singers. 

After that day, he silently supports the group by attending live concerts under the excuse of "traveling to different places in order to learn something new" each time the group has a performance. Luckily, his parents didn't ask him too much question since they trusts him to look after himself even though they raised him strictly without knowing that one day, it could lead to an accident.

Y/N's POV

"Concert ticket, check!"

"Wallet, check!"

"Phone, check!

"Cyalume glowsticks, check!"

"Duplicate house key, check!

"Bag, check"

I muttered to myself while preparing my things before I go on my way to the concert. I've fallen in love with Trysail during my middle school years because of their song "Youthful Dreamer", which strongly resonated within me.

Make your dreams come true and grab the future

You have to do what you want because you only have one life

You can go crazy and make it fun

It's up to you to decide

But you are not alone

Be a real hero right away with the words from the story

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to leave now!" I told my parents after I prepared my things.

"Take care and be safe on your way, Y/N!" Mom replied while Dad just nodded at me

"Thank you, I'll see you later!" I told them before I went out.

(Scene break)

"Welcome to the great beyond, Satou Kazuma-san and L/N Y/N-san, sadly you have passed on. My condolences," a beautiful blue haired woman told a man who wears a green tracksuit and I.

"I'm dead!" Satou-san exclaimed

I carefully analyze what the girl said in front of us. Based on what I can remember after the concert, the facts are I am no longer alive or I am still in a comatose state, and the grim reaper is a beautiful woman.

"I am L/N Y/N, nice to meet you. I'm still shocked about this, please give me a moment," I said before I pinch my cheeks

"Oww, so this is not a dream!"

"Yep, 'fraid so! Didn't last very long did you, Satou Kazuma-san, L/N Y/N-san"

"Huh, wait, someone died too!" Satou-san remarked

 "Everyone dies when it is their time, Satou-san"

"Call me Kazuma"

"Thank you, you may call me Y/N. Sorry for being blunt but how did you died?"

"Normally I just live in my room. But that day for once, I happen to leave the house and that's when I saw a high school girl- Oblivious to the runaway truck about to run her over. I remember I leaped to the rescue! So that's how I died but hey, sacrificing yourself to save a young woman is pretty badass huh"