On a few parts, I didn't know what to say so Meeka helped me out. She's cool and I love her swag.

Jordan sat outside of the booth and recorded through the window. He was hyping me up the entire time.

~2 hours later~

"Alrighty, that's it for the rap." Trey said.

"How'd I do?" I asked

"Girl you did yo shit with that." Meeka said and dabbed me up.

I walked over to Jordan and sat down. "I can't believe I made a whole song."

"Now it's time for me to get up in that bitch. I know I got bars." Jordan said.

I laughed. "I don't think so, bae."

"Who's Beyoncé?" Jordan asked.

"Oh she's my tutor, I asked if it was okay for me to add her name to my song and she said yes." I told him and showed him a picture of her.

"Wait.." Jordan said and pulled the phone closer to him. "She looks familiar as fuck."

"She made the song 'Single Ladies'." I told him.

"Shole did. I also saw her singing at some nightclub-"

"When did you go to a damn club?" I asked and eyed him.

"If you'll let me finish." He said and rolled his eyes.
"I saw her on a video at a night club and she was singing a Mary Blige J song."

"Oh." I laughed, "and it's Mary J Blige."

"Yeah. You lucky that's your tutor though, she's pretty much famous." Jordan said.

"She is not famous boy. She's well known." I said.

"Same thing." Jordan said.

"Okay we have a stylist here, her name is Quisha. She's gonna do your hair and make-up for the music video. She also has clothes for you to try on." Trey said.

"Okay!" I said.

The next day

"How was it?" My momma asked.

"Yeah, I wanna see the video." My sister Monie chimed in.

"They should be posting it today. Also, where is dad? He hasn't been home in a few days." I said.

Monie rolled her eyes.

"He's out of town. He said he wanted time to himself." My momma said.

"Good, tell him to stay out of town." Monie said with a fake smile on her face.

"Cut it out." My momma said and eyed her. "Why haven't you been taking your tutor sessions?" My momma asked me.

"Ouuu somebody finna get in trouble." Monie said and looked at me.

"Monie shut the fu-" I stopped and looked at my momma. "The freak up."

"Look now. I'm sick of y'all and this petty shit." My momma stated. "Now, Megan why?"

"I've just been overwhelmed with some things." I told her.

"Overwhelmed? With what?" My momma asked.

"I don't wanna-"

"Look if it's about your father, I don't want him to get in your head. I won't let him ever lay a hand on you again, not on my watch." My momma said.

"Okay.." I mumbled.

"I promise. I know you girls don't believe me, but I'm trying my best as a mother. I'm not perfect but I'm trying." My momma said to me and Monie.

"We know."

After a conversation with my sister and mother, I spent around 30 minutes scrolling through TikTok. It was then that I became aware of the fact that I hadn't eaten anything all day, and it was almost 2 p.m. I decided to use DoorDash to order food from Chick-fil-A and waited til it arrived.

While eating my food, I watched the movie Scream.

"Ou shit!" I shouted because a part of the movie scared me. "Run! Why the fuck you not runnin'?!!"

I hate when people fall and run slow for nothing. Like if a motherfucka chasing me, I'm running like a track star. "oh nawl, I can't watch this shit. She is stupid as-"

My phone buzzed.

After texting Meeka back, I called Monie into my room to watch the video

"Momma ain't gonna like this.." Monie said.

I smacked my lips. "Why you say that?"

"Sis, did you not hear what you said?" Monie asked and raised her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "Girl bye, I'm grown."

"Bitch you just turned 18."

"Bye, get out of my room. Blowing the fuck outta me." I said.

"Whatever. You ate tho." Monie complimented me.

I smiled.

After sharing the video with Jordan, he gave me a call and we had a conversation. He expressed his admiration for the video. But, my mom told me since I am of age, she isn't mad at me. However, she did mention that it would have been better if I had chosen different words in the song.