36

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

Kaden's steps halted at the sound of Sarah's voice. He didn't turn around but he didn't keep going either. The moment his wounds were cleared, he had decided to set out for revenge, not wanting to waste another second.

She walked over and came to stand in front of him so he'd be forced to look at her. "You're not off to do anything stupid, are you?"

"If fucking up the motherfucker who set my house on fire is considered stupid in your vocabulary..." he trailed off and watched as her eyes widen a little. "You know who did it? So someone did that on purpose? Wait, who'd want to burn your house down?"

"His name starts with a 'T' and ends with a 'R'," he muttered, his jaw clenched, "in other words, your ex boyfriend."

"No," Sarah shook her head, "you're being irrational. Topper wouldn't do this."

"Yes, he would."

"You don't know that," Sarah sighed, "you have no proof."

"Blake saw him," Kaden shrugged, "that's enough for me."

"And what if it's not him?" The blonde raised her brows, "will you go there and beat him up for nothing?"

"He can never be beaten up for nothing. He just sucks that much."

Sarah was silent for a few seconds. Then she bit her lip and he tried not to follow the action closely with his eyes, something he has found himself doing a lot these past few weeks. Instead, he focused his eyes on hers when she spoke, "then I'll come with."

"Why, so you can interfere?"

"No," she shook her head, "I'll just come with you, that's it. I won't meddle, I promise. He's at my house right now, at the party. Do you want to cause a scene or do you want to do this discretely?"

"Whichever's best."

"Okay then here's the plan," Sarah straightened herself and her words surprised him but he said nothing and let her speak. "I'll lead him outside where you'll be waiting. Then I'll leave you two be. No one'll follow, you'll be alone with him. You can do whatever it is that you plan on doing except killing him. Okay?"

"Let's not waste any more time with this conversation," was all what he said before he started walking again, desperately wanting to feel and hear the sound of Topper's bones crushing beneath his fingers.

𓆞・゚𓆝 *: 𓆟

Kaden stood in the yard, waiting for Sarah to come back with Topper. It only took four minutes before she was on her way with her ex boyfriend following closely behind.

"I told you, I'm sorry," Topper spoke, not paying attention to his surroundings. It was dark outside and Kaden was standing in the shadows, not making his presence known yet as he listened.

"I was drunk," Topper added when Sarah said nothing. "Please, forgive me. I didn't mean that. I meant none of it, I promise! You know I love you—"

"I can't do this anymore," Sarah interrupted, internally wondering why Kaden wasn't showing himself although she knew he was there. "I don't want to be with you. I—"

"You found someone else," Topper spat out bitterly. "That pogue, Kaden? Did you really fuck him, then? We're my drunk words true? Is that why you were so offended?"

"No, that's not—"

"Seriously, you're choosing him over me?" Topper pointed to himself, scoffing as if he was the obvious choice. "He's a pogue. He has nothing to offer. He won't be able to satisfy you the way I can, he won't be able to give you whatever you want." He threw his head back and laughed, "hell, he doesn't even have a house at the moment."