6

THE KEGGAR PARTY was in full swing as soon as the sun went down. The beach was transformed into an outdoor oasis with colorful lights strung up all around. A giant keg sat front and center, with red cups stacked high beside it.

Kaden had a cup in his hand as he drank while sitting on a log beside Kiara and Pope while JJ and John B were handing over drinks to everyone.

"I want to travel," Pope spoke suddenly making Kaden raise a brow at him. He hummed in response while Kiara turned her head to look at him, asking, "what's stopping you?"

"Money," Pope replied in a 'duh' tone earning a chuckle from Kiara. Kaden took a sip of his drink, "marry me, I'll take you anywhere."

The joke made both Pope and Kiara laugh. Kaden's lips twitched up at his friends. "Yes," Pope nodded as if he was being proposed to, "when do you wanna do it?"

"I could marry you two right now," Kiara suggested, smiling ear to ear at the two boys. Just then, Kaden's eyes caught sight of Rafe who was standing at a distance with Topper. The older Cameron shot him a nod before walking away from the crowd, a silent invitation for him to follow.

"I'll be right back," Kaden muttered to the two who didn't mind as he stood up and walked away. They didn't bother asking where he was off to, knowing they wouldn't be getting an answer.

Kaden stopped once he saw Rafe standing, facing the sea with his back to him. He approached the older guy, "what's up?"

Rafe turned around swiftly, his eyes hopeful as he dropped the question, "do you have it?"

"You're addicted to this," Kaden noted, a hint of warning in his tone, "that's not good, y'know? You're in deep shit."

Rafe let out an agitated breath as he ran a hand through his hair. "I know, I know—" he groaned, "I can't help it."

"What would Ward think when he finds out that his dearest son is a coke addict?" Kaden's tone was taunting, "how would this look for him?"

"I'm pretty sure doesn't care," Rafe muttered with a scoff. "As long as Sarah's not involved, he doesn't give a shit. You know how he is, you've been around, you've seen it."

"Maybe," Kaden's hand reached out to his pocket and he took out the keys to his jeep. He knew that Ward preferred Sarah, that much was obvious. "All right then, come on."

Rafe blew out a sigh of relief before he followed him towards his keep. Opening the door, Kaden pulled out a small bag from the glove compartment once he made sure that nobody was around.

Rafe tried to grab it but Kaden stopped him, "payment first."

"Look, I'll—" the older Cameron began, "I'll pay you next week."

"You know the deal," Kaden muttered, "payment first. Always."

"I've always paid before, haven't I? You got nothing to worry about. I will pay you next week. Just give me—"

"— If I don't get my money next week," Kaden shot him a look, "you and I are going to have a problem."

"Yes, okay," Rafe reached for it again and this time Kaden let him have it, seeing the clear desperation stretched on his features. "I promise you'll get paid next week."

While the latter didn't worry about the money, he knew that Rafe would be taking his father's money to pay him. That thought was what made him want to keep dealing with Rafe. "I better."

"Thanks man," Rafe patted his shoulder, a smile on his lips. "I'll see you around."

Kaden said nothing to that. He just watched Rafe walk away while shoving the small bag in his pocket. Once the older Cameron was out of sight, Kaden turned to face the other direction, his eyes narrowed on a tree as he spoke, "for how long do you intend on hiding behind that tree?"