15

"I'M SO GLAD THAT they're still doing this," Kiara spoke as Kaden, JJ and Pope walked behind her. "Keep calm. Carry on back to the OBX file. You know? Aren't you guys glad that I made you come?"

"I had better things to do." Kaden muttered, looking around in distaste.

"Ecstatic," Pope's reply was sarcastic.

"My couch was pretty comfy to be honest."

"We're out of the green zone, guys," Pope whispered discreetly to Kaden and JJ as they settled down.

JJ gritted his teeth, "dude, tranquilo, okay?"

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia," Pope reminded them, "this is the last place I wanna be."

"Shut up, Pope," JJ hissed, giving him a warning look just as Kiara walked back to them. She sat down, handing them pepsis, "just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, 'tell you boy that we know what he did.' What is that?"

"Uhm," JJ cleared his throat, "where is he?"

"Right there," Kiara turned her head and they all followed her gaze to find Rafe, Topper and Kelce standing there, looking at them.

"Great, the whole death squad," Pope muttered, yelping when JJ turned his head back to the front. "Don't stare, bro."

"I'm not scared of these idiots," Kaden took a sip of his drink, "let them try something, they'll see."

"Good thing we have you," JJ sighed, "if they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay?"

"Slice and dicin'—"

"I'm on edge now," JJ added earning a nod from Pope, "yeah, yeah. So we just gotta stay in the group. They can't get us in the group. Stay near K."

"Like a school of fish."

"Stay in the school," Pope nodded, "can't leave the school. Stay in the school."

"I'm sorry—" Kiara interrupted their talk, making them look at her. "What is going on? Founding principle, you guys. No secrets amongst Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?"

"Kie," Pope shot her a serious look, "it might go down tonight."

"What does that mean?" She frowned in confusion, looking at Kaden who decided to stay silent. "'Might go down tonight.' What did y'all do?"

"Deny, deny, deny," JJ whispered to the two boys. Kiara let out a sigh when she realised that she wasn't going to get a reply from any of them.

𓆞・゚𓆝 *: 𓆟

"GUYS," POPE WHISPERED.

"What?" Kaden glanced at him, giving him a questioning look. Pope swallowed, "gotta take a piss."

"Hold it."

"I can't hold it," Pope whispered again, "I drank too much soda."

"It's too exposed," JJ voiced out the issue, "they'll totally see us."

"I gotta go." People glanced behind them, "they're blocking the bathrooms."

"Come here," JJ stood up, "I know where." He looked at Kaden who was just stared back at him. "What?"

"Stay here," JJ muttered, "keep an eye on them for us okay?"

"Yeah," he nodded towards the direction where they were about to go, "leave before his bladder explodes."

"Where are y'all going?" Kiara finally paid attention to the two. JJ and Pope looked at her as the blonde replied, "we gotta wring it out."

"You gonna hold it for each other?" They didn't bother reply to her question as they slowly walked away, making sure to stay hidden.

"Of course not," Kaden was the one who found himself answering, "what kind of question is that?"

"I don't know how it works." Kiara defended resulting in him shooting her a look, "remind me to give you a lesson on how dicks work—"

"— No thank you." She quickly cut him off, "I'd rather die." It was silence between the two for a while before she asked, "how's the movie?"

"It sucks," he muttered, his eyes going to where the Kooks were sitting only to find that they were no longer there. "Shit," Kaden quickly stood up making Kiara shoot him a questioning look. "I gotta— join them," was all he said before he rushed to where the others were, biting his tongue at his words once he was far enough.

One he was there, he found the boys fighting. JJ and Rafe were at it while Topper was hitting Pope continuously as Kelce held him still.

Kaden was quick to rush towards them, kicking Kelce in the back of his knees to make him fall on the ground thus lose his hold on Pope. Topper looked at Kaden and snarled, "there he is."

"Missed me?" Kaden tilted his head to the side mockingly, "I'm giving you a chance. Walk away."

"Never," Topper growled before he charged at him. The two began fighting, throwing punches at each other. He managed to hit Kaden a few times but the latter had the upper hand as he grabbed his arm and twisted it again— this time, not hard enough to break it.

"Get the fuck out of here," he clenched his jaw at Topper who rolled his eyes. "fuck you, Reed."

Kaden glanced at Rafe and JJ who were fighting each other then at Kelce who was standing there, watching, unsure of what to do.

"You fucked my boat up!" Topper shouted at them, "you don't mess with me, pogue! You're gonna p—" Kaden kneed him in the back of his legs and once he fell on the ground, he got on top of him and started landing punches on his face. "You're the one who started this," he paused, his hand going around his neck, "you shouldn't have jumped him."

"He was on our side of the island," Topper retorted weakly, struggling to breathe when Kaden tightened his grip around his neck. Even Rafe and JJ had stopped fighting and watched them.

"Some people just don't get it the first time, do they?" Kaden asked just as he felt hands gripping either side of his arms, forcing him off Topper. He didn't bother fighting Rafe and Kelce off, only shrugged them off once he was standing. He stared down at Topper who started breathing heavily as he held his neck. "You fucking psycho!"

Kaden ignored him, looking straight st Rafe as he whispered through gritted teeth so just he'd hear. "Take your friends and leave."

"Or what?" Rafe raised a defiant chin, "what are you gonna do?"

"Do you really wanna find out, Cameron?" Kaden arched his brows, leaning closer, "you already owe me money. Don't make this worse for you." He then went to stand close to JJ and Pope, who were clutching to their own wounds.

He shot Rafe a look and the Cameron clenched his jaw before he helped Topper up. "Let's go."

"You can't—" Topper was cut off by Kelce. "You're hurt. We'll deal with this some other time." With that, the three walked away just as Kiara stepped out of the shadows, glaring at them all. "What the hell was that?"