Chapter 21

Vivian

His sentence brought me back to reality. Yes, I come from money. This is the worst meal I have ever consumed in my life. I didn't even realize I was sobbing until Samuel pointed out that the guard would return for the food tray. He advised me to continue my crying session later and focus on finishing my meal.

"Do you know there will be a Moon Festival in a week?" Samuel said it with enthusiasm. "I hope Beta James will forgive our crime and let us go."

What he didn't know was that while Beta James might forgive his crime, he wouldn't forgive me for the heinous crime I committed.

"Cheer up, Vivian. We'll be able to go out in the next 7 days," Samuel reassured me. I promise I will never step foot in the NightFall pack again. He began explaining his plans for life after prison, but I had grown tired of hearing about them, knowing my days are numbered. I snapped, "Lucky for you, the only thing leaving the NightFall Pack is my dead body."

He looked at me with distress and slight worry. He didn't say anything for a while, but what he blurted out next makes me chuckle. "I knew I would get in trouble, but I guess that you do realize this is not the real prison, right? This is a holding place for petty crimes, which means that this place is not that tight when it comes to security. Girl, you can shift into your wolf form, break the wall, and run away. I won't tell a single soul that you ran away."

He wasn't wrong, though, but my wolf wouldn't be able to break the wall. I took a deep breath and told him that I had a weak wolf and couldn't break the wall like he wanted me to.

"Weak wolf? It's my first time hearing that. Are you even a wolf, then?" He responded, giving me a smile filled with satire. "The only thing you can do is pray to the Moon Goddess that they'll forgive your crime."

With the Moon Festival just two days away and no news of Beta James, it seemed he was busy taking care of the Moon Festival, a celebrated event in the NightFall Pack. Samuel and I had become good friends; I even considered him my best friend. He was the only person keeping me sane; without him, I would have gone insane. Suddenly, we heard the guards coming to the cell. It was unusual for them to come during the day. A muscular guard unlocked my door and told me that I was summoned by Alpha Theodore.

"Alpha Theodore. Why would he summon her?" Samuel was concerned; his voice was filled with worry, but the guard didn't give him a reply. He looked at me and said, "Vivian, don't worry. Everything will be okay. I know the Moon Goddess is not that cruel to make her child suffer like this. Keep faith in the Moon Goddess."

Before I could say a single word, I was dragged out of my cell. It has been a week since I saw the outside world. Is it just me, or is the sun shining a lot brighter today? I looked around to observe the surroundings. We were in the middle of nowhere. We walked for around 15 to 20 minutes when we came across a cabin. We went inside and saw Alpha Theodore, Beta James, and other people whom I hadn't met before. They were looking at me like an eagle hawking at its prey. I was getting uncomfortable, but what can I do in a situation like that?

"Do you have any last words, Vivian?" Alpha Theodore said it in a stoic voice. This man lacks empathy.

"What do you mean, 'last words'? Where is the jury? Who is going to represent my case? I demand a fair trial before any judgment is passed," I spat my words.

"Fair trial. You expect a fair trial after what you have done. You are delusional. I can't believe that keeping you in prison is not enough. I should have kept you in a real prison. You are stubborn for being a mere human. You are just a pathetic little pup who thought you could kill me when you are not even a wolf. I hate hybrids like you. You are just trouble." Alpha Theodore responded with every ounce of hatred in his body.

I looked at him in disbelief. How can he insult me like that? I am human. I laughed at his face and told him that I don't remember being a hybrid. You came up with this to insult me. Try better with insults.

🍀🍀🍀