❁ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 ❁

✦͙͙͙*͙*❥⃝∗⁎.ʚWelcomeɞ.⁎∗❥⃝**͙✦͙͙͙

Author's POV:

Nadia shouted angrily, "Who told you to sleep so long, you little Bitch?" She flung the basement door open, revealing a figure curled into a ball on the dusty floor, trying to hide from the terrifying presence before her.

With long strides, Nadia approached the figure and roughly grabbed her hair, causing pain. The girl bit her lip, desperate to stay silent, well aware of the punishment she'd face if she made a sound.

Barking in her face, Nadia commanded, "Get up, you lazy girl, and prepare breakfast for us now!" The force of her words made the girl close her eyes, trying to steady her trembling body.

Nadia abruptly let go of her hair, causing her to fall back onto the cold basement floor, gasping for breath. "I want breakfast ready in 15 minutes. I'm really not in the mood for punishment today, Noor," she said before leaving. Noor lay there, curled into a ball, hoping the pain in her body would somehow ease the torture she endured from the severe beatings of the previous night.

Her name was Noor, and its meaning was light and brightness, but there was no light in her life. At the age of 10, her mother tragically died in an accident, leaving her alone with a man she could only describe as a monster - her father. While she'd heard that fathers were supposed to be protectors, but her father shattered her in every way imaginable, leaving her with only one emotion: pain.

Shortly after her mother's death, her father remarried. Noor, in her innocence, accepted Nadia and her daughter, Zara, who came along with her new stepmother. However, they did not accept Noor in return. Both the mother and daughter made her life miserable, and her own father seemed to despise her for no apparent reason. When Noor tried to talk to her father about her stepmother's cruel behavior, he always silenced her by saying that she deserved it.

Wincing in pain, she muttered, "Allah!" When she attempted to sit up, her entire body throbbed with pain. Her back and stomach, where the belt had struck, burned the most.

Summoning all her strength, she forced herself to get up and dragged her aching body to the kitchen. She doesn't even have energy to stand, but the fear of facing more beatings pushed her forward. She managed to prepare breakfast and set it on the table before her so-called family emerged from their rooms.

Hurriedly, she left the dining room and made her way to the kitchen. The moment she stepped inside, she collapsed onto the floor, her breaths coming in heavy gasps. Darkness began to cloud her vision, and though she desperately didn't want to pass out, she couldn't hold on any longer. However, she couldn't hold on any longer and let the darkness consume her, even though she knew that being found in the kitchen would only anger them further.

◦•●◉✿••••••••••••••✿◉●•◦

A terrified man paced nervously in an office, his hands trembling. He anxiously asked, "What should I do? Hashim Sir will be really angry with me!"

The other man chuckled and patted his shoulder, replying, "Yes, he'll probably be angry, but I'll do my best to shield you from our boss, the so-called monster."

"Hamza, sir, this isn't the time for laughter. I understand you're not afraid because he's your friend, but I'm scared. I work for him, and I can't afford to get fired," the man spoke anxiously.

Hamza nodded in understanding. "I know, but sometimes even I get frightened by his anger. Just go for now, I'll talk to him," Hamza said, trying to reassure the man. The man nodded and, after taking a deep breath, left Hamza's office.