Engagements & Twin Loyalty

En başından başla

"Look I'm not getting caught up in between what issues you two have with each other. All of that ain't worth it and you two know that." Jamal glances between both and see they were now ignoring him. He rolls his eyes. "Both of y'all asses are so damn stubborn it don't make no sense."

"No, only of us is loyal and it's not her." Hakeem throws out.

"Ha," Mercedes flips the menu with a snicker. "Dinner and comedy."

"Mariah," Andre calls making her peer up through her long lashes. "How's your friend and his businesses coming along?"

A blink from her. "Andre why are you minding my business out of work hours?"

"Can't make small talk?"

"You only do when you want information."

"I don't have to ask you to gather that."

"No, you just pay somebody to spy on me like your daddy." Mercedes looks down to her menu. "I don't care about what you do so let's try to share that same interest."

"Mariah." Rhonda starts.

Andre pats her hand. "No, no, it's okay." He smiles at his sister. "That's just how my little sister is. Right?"

Mercedes eyed him for that but didn't respond.

Jamal sat back looking to Hakeem. "Look. We both said some things that we shouldn't have, all right? So let's just squash all of this."

"You wasting your time." Mercedes sighs.

Hakeem pretends his brother said nothing and grabs his drink. "My video about to drop in a couple weeks. Dad thinks it's dope."

Mercedes scoffs. "If he don't tell him lies the boy will have temper tantrums."

"Coming from the princess herself, that's funny."

Mercedes texts on her phone. "He real sassy for somebody calling me princess."

"Whatever." Hakeem sucks his teeth. "Me and dad making waves with what he got me doing."

"Well, remind me to get both of y'all autographs after dinner."

"I wouldn't sell that shit to my enemy." Mercedes scoffs.

Jamal smirks when he caught Hakeem side eye towards Mercedes.

Hakeem puts his drink down. "Yo, you know what."

Mercedes looks over giving him a warning stare. "If you get buck with me you better be ready for the response."

"What are you going to do?"

"Don't ask me. You bold, so buck and find out."

"You two are at a dinner for your father, can you act like it?" Andre tells them.

The two of them exchange glares just as Lucious came in the room Cookie.

The smile on her dropped. "What is she doing here?" Anika just smiles and sips her drink.