Chapter 15

Exactly 1800 seconds (30 minutes) and the party had ended. People exited the Macher residence. Only a chosen few stayed behind. Those being Stu's friend and his regular friend group. Randy sat by the TV. Surprisingly only tipsy with his twin beside him. Both critiquing a movie in their minds. Pointing out flaws or comical decisions added to the scene.

Sydney searched around the house asking the leaving teens for Tatum. None had yet to give the girl an answer she hoped for. Lastly, Stu stood by the door bidding everyone goodbye like a good host.

Finally, as the crowd lessened the twins got up. Minnie took quick steps stopping by the entrance of the small hall that led to the door.

"Tatum, come on!" Sydney called out.

"She's still not back?" Randy came from behind his sister. He rested his elbow on the girl's shoulder earning a small whimper from her sister. Minnie swatted his elbow that dug into the crook of her neck.

She glared at her older brother before answering. "Guess not. Probably drank a few too many on her own."

"She's not the type."

They watched Sydney and Stu speak before the last members of the younger Meeks and Stu's trio appeared, Billy Loomis.

Minnie turned her head hearing a slight groan from her brother. She bit her lips resisting to comment. It was tempting to tease her brother. So damn tempting but resisted the urge. She knew he'll get back at her eventually if she did. He always did.

Minnie intently watched them speak with the girl. She felt... nervous. For one, she didn't want anything to happen to Sydney. Two, she feared she would get uncovered in knowing them as Ghostface, and three... well, she feared Billy would... do something she might not like with Sydney. Perhaps it wasn't the best to think that way given her friend could die the moment she leaves with Billy. Yet, it didn't stop her from feeling somewhat jealous to see Billy act like a responsible boyfriend to her friend.

The pair watched Sydney take Billy's hand dragging him upstairs. Billy caught Minnie's eye giving her a small wink. Eventually, the twins could only see the couple's back.

"What's Leatherface doin' here?"

The twins stood on either side of the boy. Stu wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder before turning his attention to her twin.

   "Cute. He came to make up."

   "There goes my chance with Sid. Damn it."

Stu swung the door shoot with his free hand. The other gently squeezed the girl, patting the side of her shoulder affectionately. "As if. That's all I'm sayin'. As if."

   "Oh really, Alicia?"

Stu held a peace sign in front of Randy as he walked from the older Meeks dragging his twin with him.

   "'As if.' I'm gonna go check on them."

   "I suggest you don't. You might see something you won't like." His twin warned. She heard Randy take back his steps and stormed past them back to the living room.

——🔪——

The younger Meeks sat next to Stu on the love couch. He sprawled his body across the small couch letting his upper body lean against the girl.

What was left of the party stayed drinking and watching a movie. The best way to spend Halloween in Minnie's eyes.

   "The blood is all wrong! Why do they do that?! It's too red!"