"You and cheese," Yaz said with a small laugh and a shake of her head. She cleared her throat and grinned, amused. "Do you like it that much?"

"Yes," I replied and nodded while I went back to Bryson's text message. "Cheese makes me happy." "Well, I took a photo from in front of the school, so it would be safe to assume that I am somewhere there. Second, you have eyes, so why don't you lift your head out of the car and look around to see who is messaging you? Also, you gave me your number, so that is why I have it. Now, hurry up. Charlie has cheese for me, and I am hungry."

"Are you always hungry?" Yaz asked, and I nodded in confirmation.

"Pretty much," I replied and cleared my throat. "If I am not hungry, then something is wrong with me." I watched as Bryson read my message before he did what I suggested and poked his head out of the car and started to look around.

When he looked at me, I smiled and waved, not even hiding my phone. His whole face lit up, and he quickly ducked his head back into the car and said something to his father.

"Huh," Yaz said, noticing that Bryson's face did light up when he saw me. "He does light up when he sees you. I wonder why."

I shrugged and grimaced. "No idea," I replied, even though I had a feeling that it was because I was his mother but in a different form. "It's sort of funny, but in a curious way."

"Hi, Cass," Bryson texted me before he got out of the car along with his backpack. He said something to his father and closed the car door before he started to make his way towards us with a small bounce in his step.

"Hello, Bryson," I greeted when he got to us. I hopped off the wall and stretched before I grabbed my bag and swung it on my back. "How'd you like the picture of your leg?" I raised an eyebrow and looked at him with a small smile on my face.

"Interesting," he replied and shrugged before he cleared his throat. "But why was that your way of giving me your number?" he asked and raised an eyebrow, amused.

"Because it's fun," I replied and shrugged. "But seriously, everyone looks at your leg when you get out of your father's car and grow silent. They're going, "all hail Bryson's leg" while they watch you." I gestured to my leg, and he bit back a small snort while he cleared his throat.

Bryson's eyebrow went higher while he stared at me, and a small smile flickered on his lips. "Why were you staring at my leg then?" he asked while he cocked his head. "Were you worshipping it too?"

"Nope," I replied and shook my head before I started to walk towards Charlie's room with Bryson and Yaz following me. "I don't worship anyone except for Goddess."

"Hmph." Bryson cleared his throat. "But how did you know that everyone was watching my leg if you weren't doing the same thing?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I was watching the black car pull up to the school and park before the car door opened and your leg appeared," I replied with a shrug. "I wasn't paying attention to you."

"But you knew that people were infatuated with my leg," Bryson said and raised an eyebrow, "so, doesn't that mean you were infatuated with it?"

I shook my head no. "It just meant that I was seeking," I replied and raised my eyebrows. "I was seeking the truth and trying to see what people were staring at. I was also trying to see why they were staring at your leg, but I couldn't do that." I shrugged.

Bryson snorted and shook his head before he grew serious. "Are you ready for cross country?" he asked and nudged my shoulder.

I nodded. "I am," I confirmed. "Training is in the morning, correct? I got shit to do in the afternoons, and I'm not sure if I can do four things at once during the afternoon," I said.

"It's in the morning," he confirmed and nodded.

"What do you have to do in the afternoon?" Yaz asked and looked at me while she cocked her head.

"I have gymnastics, dance, drama, and fighting." I shrugged and moved a hand through my hair before I cleared my throat. "I dance three days a week and then do gymnastics three days a week. I fight just about every day or at least I used to." I grimaced and wrinkled my nose while I shook my head. "My parents haven't found me a new dance studio or gym yet, so I am just waiting for them before I start again."

Yaz and Bryson looked at each other before they looked at me, mildly impressed. "And you are in all honors classes?" she asked and raised an eyebrow, and I nodded in confirmation. "How?"

"'I haven't slept since 1995,'" I said, quoting one of my favorite musicals, Legally Blonde.

Bryson snorted and rolled his eyes while he scowled playfully. "You aren't that old, Cass," he said. "You're what, seventeen?"

I huffed but nodded. "Yep," I rolled my eyes while I pursed my lips in annoyance. "I am seventeen-years-old."

"Then how have you not slept since 1995?" Bryson asked, looking at me with a playful gaze.

I looked at him seriously. "Because I was born in a different body than this one that lived in 1995," I replied, making sure that I kept the serious act. "That is how I haven't slept since 1995."

Bryson and Yaz grew serious and looked at each other before they looked at me with a weird expression on their face. They didn't say a word, and I had a feeling that they were wondering if I knew the truth or not about my upbringing and who I was supposed to be to them.

I snorted and wrinkled my nose, breaking my seriousness while I grinned. "Nah, I just study a lot when I am not working on some other shit," I said and shrugged with a shake of my head. "But seriously? Me being born into a different body? Can that even happen?"

Bryson and Yaz relaxed when I snorted, and a look of relief appeared on their faces as if they thought they were safe. "Well... there are a few religions that believe in reincarnation, Cass," Bryson said and shrugged, while he grimaced, "so it is possible."

I didn't reply and shrugged. I knew that he was hiding something, that they both were hiding something and knew that it wasn't time to delve into those scenarios with the male that was to be my son.

"So one of my friend's mom has a dance studio if you want to see if that will work for you," Yaz said, changing the subject with a clear of her throat, "and I do know someone that owns a gymnastics academy that might be of interest to you and your family too."

I slowly nodded and looked relieved while I looked at her. "Can you send me a text about it?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "After that, I can send it to my parents to see what they say."

Yaz nodded and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She did what I asked and sent the information to me. "Do you mind if we watch too?" she asked hesitantly while she gave me a small smile.

I shrugged. "You can watch the dancing, gymnastics, cross country or musical stuff," I replied. "You can't watch me fight where I'll mainly be training though."

"Why not?" Yaz asked, looking sullen that she wouldn't be able to see me fight.

I smirked and flashed her a wink. "Because," I said, "that is for me and them. Maybe you can see us in the future, but for now it's just for me and them."

Until I am fully accepted back into my group and can call myself an Alpha Beta and not just feel like an outsider looking in...