Alex nodded her head and went out to the back porch. She glanced around and saw Monica out by the fire pit, sitting in one of the chairs. Alex made her way out there and cleared her throat to let Monica know she was coming.

"Jamie's gone to get him," Alex said. "Not sure how long it'll take, but knowing Jamie...it won't be too long."

"They tell you anything more about what happened or why?" Monica asked her. "They wouldn't tell me anything when I went there and asked."

"That's all I know," Alex shrugged.

"Thanks," Monica sighed and looked forward at where Tate was walking around. "Kayce told me you stitched Tate up...guess I can thank you for that too?"

"That was just me doing my job," Alex said, though she was surprised Kayce would mention her to Monica.

Monica looked back up at her.

"Alex...I'm sorry about Lee," Monica said. "Saw you at the funeral but didn't think...I just didn't want you to be more uncomfortable than you looked."

"Yeah..." Alex didn't know what to say.

Alex knew Monica, growing up on the reservation. But they weren't friends. Not enemies, but there was always a divide because of Alex's mother leaving the reservation and having a child out of marriage.

"I don't know what I'd do," Monica frowned.

That was enough for Alex. She nodded at Monica and then started to walk back up to the house. She got to the step before she heard Tate call out her name, surprised he remembered her. Alex looked back as Tate ran up to her.

"Hey, you're the nurse," Tate smiled. "That my Dad knows."

"I am," Alex nodded.

"You live here?" Tate asked.

"Uh...I do," Alex sighed.

"How?" Tate was confused but Alex didn't have the energy to help him this evening. "Are we related?" 

"How's the cheek?" Alex asked.

"Better," Tate turned his head and Alex could see the pink line still, but it did look better.

"Looks good," Alex smiled, knowing Monica was watching them.

The back door opened as John stepped out. He had a jacket in his hand and handed it to Alex as he walked past her. She was about to question when she heard the sound of the chopper in the distance. A few minutes later, it had landed out in the field, and Kayce and Jamie stepped out of it.

"Daddy!" Tate called out, running from his spot next to Alex who had slipped on her jacket.

Kayce's eyes looked at Alex, a mixture of surprise and maybe even relief before Tate wrapped his arms around Kayce's middle. Jamie said something to John before he started to walk over to Alex. Monica grabbed Tate and stood off to the side while John and Kayce spoke.

"Always in trouble," Jamie said to Alex as he stood next to her.

"Always," Alex nodded and looked at Jamie. "Did he do it?"

Jamie sighed.

"Chalk it up to a mercy kill," Jamie said. "Meth lab explosion and a trade-off of barrels...it's handled, that's what matters now."

"How is he?" Alex asked.

"He's Kayce," Jamie sighed. "Stubborn, hot head, loyal...lost."

"His eyes will always give him away," Alex muttered with a nod.