79.4 MARCOS

I rubbed my face, feeling tired and overwhelmed

I rubbed my face, feeling tired and overwhelmed. I was at a loss about what to do with Eva. Roman had fooled us all. When I saw him and Eva walking around the pack grounds together, they seemed like the perfect mates, which sometimes made me envious. I wished I had what they had. Roman always prioritized Eva's needs, treating her like a precious gem.

On the other hand, Eva always seemed hesitant to make eye contact with us. I assumed it was because she was an Omega and naturally shy. We were naive to believe in Roman's act. They live slightly apart from the pack; their house is next to James's, so nobody had any inkling of the troubles within their home.

I looked around and noticed that everyone had the same puzzled look. Even the elders seemed at a loss. My gaze then fell on my mate and Trayvon, who still comforted Eva. Aiyden's tear-filled eyes met mine, and it broke my heart. It was clear that both brothers could empathize with Eva due to their own past experiences.

I glanced at Javier, noticing the pain in his expression as he gazed at his mate's tear-filled eyes. It was obvious that we were both dealing with the same internal conflict. I opted to mind-link him in hopes that he might have some advice on how to navigate this situation.

While it was true she had made a mistake, it wasn't entirely her fault. Omegas are typically submissive and follow their mate's orders without questions. Except for Jadyn, Alyssa, and our mates... well, I'm not sure what the Goddess was thinking when she created them; they're stubborn as hell...but that's beside the point.

"Javier, any thoughts?" I asked my brother. Javier turned to me, but before he could speak up, Aiyden rose and strode towards me, determination etched on my mate's beautiful face. His brother was right on his heel. I had a hunch about what they wanted to discuss.

Aiyden and Trayvon began approaching me, and I noticed Elder Ruth and her mate smirking at us, likely anticipating their next move. My mate leaned in close and whispered, "Can we all talk outside?" I nodded in agreement and then turned my attention back to the Elders.

"Would you mind keeping an eye on Eva while we step outside?" Elder Malik responded affirmatively, "Certainly." As Javier, Trayvon, my mate and I were about to exit the office, Eva surprised us with another bombshell.

"Alpha, stop!" she shouted. I came to a halt and spun around to see her.

"There's another thing I remembered." I signaled for her to go on. She sucked in a breath, tears streaking down her face.

"I overheard Roman, James, Elder Leon, and my daughter discussing something about a guy named Rafael. They were talking about getting some Omegas for his business and then getting paid by him. This was a couple of days ago. They didn't realize I was listening in. They also mentioned something about you all and the pack. I couldn't catch the rest because I was scared they'd find out I was eavesdropping. I'm really worried that something bad is going to happen...I'm so sorry." She was visibly upset and shaking. Elder Ruth quickly got up and went over to her.

Anger was taking over me, as I knew exactly who she was referring to...Luis.

Now I understand how Leon arrived at the Meeting Hall right when were dealing with James. He had been in the pack probably hiding from us after what happened at the pack hospital.

Suddenly, Manuel's voice echoed through the pack link, "Alpha, Beta, it is almost time. The guests are already arriving." Fuck I couldn't deal with this mess right now! As we stepped outside the office, I glanced back at Javier, who gave me a knowing look.

"Do what you think is best with her. I will support you as always. I don't think Eva deserves any severe punishment. It's clear to all of us how traumatized she is." I nodded to my brother in agreement and mind-link Nari and Dalia...

----------*****----------

AN: Continues next...

9/19/23

LG