17. MARCOS

"We found werewolf traits in both brothers

"We found werewolf traits in both brothers."

"WHAT THE FUCK!" The three of us scream at the same time.

"How can this be even possible?" I asked Dr. Chang to say I was in shock, which was an understatement. I looked to my side, and Javier and Carlos had the same confused expression as me.

"To tell you the truth, at this point, we're not even sure how this can be possible. Also, we found traces of wolfbane and silver in their system, and we couldn't figure out why until we conducted further testing. We have a few hypotheses, though."

"Marcos, remember I told you someone called for me? It was coming from our mate. Now that this information has come to light, I think maybe it was his wolf." Onix said to me.

"Still, why couldn't you sense or communicate with him? I'm so fucking confused."

"Don't worry; we'll find out what the hell is going on soon." He retreated to the back of my mind, but I was still on edge. I could feel his conflicted emotions that mirrored mine.

Thinking back, the smell of my mate was much stronger for him to be just a mere human. I remembered Parker mentioned their mother's name; something clicked in my mind.

I've heard her name before but can't place when or where. I know it wasn't his prick father; I met the guy; nothing strange stood up there, so it must be their mom. I have to ask Ian if maybe he can help.

"Are you sure about this doc?". Javier asked.

" Positive Beta, but to be entirely sure, we need Elder Ruth from the council to come here and verify our findings. It has to be done as soon as possible. If our conclusions are correct, we should expect their transition soon." I was lost in my thoughts; I was feeling over the fucking moon, thinking how lucky I was; my mate is a werewolf, not that I mind him being human; I'll accept him either way, but it makes things easier for us. I look at Javier.

"What's your opinion about all this?" He looks at me

"Mixed feelings here, brother, but simultaneously, I'm worried and fucking happy can you believe this shit? We're the luckiest motherfuckers in the world, man. But I'm still concerned about how they'll react to the news." He looked at me, concern showing on his face.

"I'm worried about that too." We looked back at Dr. Chang, and I asked him.

"What about Elder Leon? Why you don't ask him for help?"

"I don't feel comfortable asking him; we need to keep this information from everyone for now to tell you the truth. I don't trust the man." You can see the disgust on his face when we mention such a man's name. Dr. Chang continues talking.

"I'll try to contact Elder Ruth. She can bring light to this matter. I'll call her right now; by the way, Alpha, your mate was transferred to the same room his brother is in."