Chapter 90: To Dote On

Start from the beginning

Soon, the entourage consisting of the doctor and the nurses sent Victoria to her ward while the few of them followed them.

As she watched Victoria who slept soundly on the sick bed, Layla breathed a sigh of relief. She turned to Madison beside her and said,

"Thankfully, it's alright. Madison, you're worn out from the day. Go home first. I can watch her. And, Mother, you should go home too. You've just recovered. It's won't do you any good to be tired out. It's alright with just me here!"

Madison glanced at Victoria on the sick bed, then nodded after thinking about it.

"Okay then, I'll go home first. I'll explain what happened here to the elder. As for..."

"Madison, I'll be sure to talk to Victoria. No matter what, her heart is with Ethan. If it weren't for... Sigh, now that they're already married and with a child, what else can they do? I hope that your family can..."

When she heard Layla's words, Madison suppressed the heaviness in her heart with much effort. She responded helplessly,

"I got it. I'll do my best. I'll leave things here to you then."

Then, she turned to leave.

Apart from Victoria on the sick bed, only Layla and Kristina remained in the ward.

When she saw Madison turn to leave with an odd expression, Layla's heart sank. She quickly turned to look at Kristina, who looked pensive, and asked a little anxiously,

"Mother, what should we do? I'm afraid that on the Martinez family's end..."

"What are you worried about? No matter what, Victoria still has Ethan's child right now and they just got married!"

Kristina was rather calm now, her sharp eyes twinkling. Then, she continued,

"Regardless, I still believe that Ethan and Victoria still have feelings for each other. Otherwise, Ethan wouldn't have signed the papers so quickly. We'll wait and see."

"Mmm, we can only do that now! Alright, Mother, go home first. It's already very late. Just leave things here to me. Right, about tonight, can we not tell Benjamin?" Layla looked worriedly at Kristina.

"Mmm, I know what to do. Quickly settle the thing I told you to do," Kristina responded and left the ward.

When the door shut, Layla relaxed a little. She took a deep breath and turned to look at Victoria who lay on the sick bed. Upon seeing that she slept rather soundly, her tensed heart then eased.

She thought to herself that the fate of her and her daughter seemed to be extraordinarily similar. Many years ago, she had been deeply in love with Benjamin. Because of him, she had also been in so much pain that she wanted to die. To get Benjamin, she did not spare using all sorts of tricks, forcing Arianna to let go.

However, many years later, her daughter fancied Arianna's daughter's fiancè, and she also did not spare using tricks to win Ethan's heart.

In fact, now Ethan and Victoria were already married. Furthermore, Victoria was carrying Ethan's child too.

When she thought about this, Layla could not suppress the smugness in her.

Arianna, oh Arianna! So what if I couldn't win Benjamin's heart? The person who can stand honorably by his side and be the Mayor's wife is me. In fact, didn't your daughter completely lose to my daughter?

Now, no matter what, Victoria was the Martinez family's young lady of the house. This was a fact set in stone. Even if all the scandals caused a larger ruckus, as long as her child could be healthily born, then all of those things would be irrelevant!