Chapter 2: Getting to know her.

[Summers POV]

"Think you're pretty clever don't you?" Summer says giving Ari a sarcastic smile.

"I have my moments." Ari replied back smirking.

The whole ride home back to the the Gibson's house was just full of silence other then Thommo congratulating Ari about his heat while Honey talks to me about bird watching. I just can't wait to go back to New York. I don't even know why Y/N decided to move to this boring small town and I wonder what's the trend with her. Is she popular? Whatever, I don't care. All I care is getting out of this place and flying back home.

I didn't realize we were already at the house till a cough broke the silence. 

"I don't know if you remember Summer, but you and Ari loved hanging out here and you would always whine because Ari wouldn't share his toys with you." All I gave was a smile and a shrug to Thommo. Well, that was awkward. "Anyways, Ari go help summer bring her bags in and show her the room that she'll be staying in." 

I looked at the surrounding of the house and followed Ari into a room. He plopped my suitcase onto the bed and turned to me.

"Was my room, now your room" I was so unfazed all I could give out was a "hmm, rustic"  I entered the room and placed my bag on the floor and my eyes continued to wonder the room.

"The bed's more comfy that it looks and the sheets are new. Well not new, but you know, we washed them." I stayed silent and my eye landed to a poster of a familiar girl.

"Oh, I was actually going to take that down, but she's actually a really good surfer." Ari rushed over to me trying to bring my attention away but he failed.

"Yea, I know her. Bet she's super talented." I couldn't help but admire Y/N on his wall. I guess she's really famous here.

"Wait, you know Y/N Anderson? You don't even surf yet alone care about surfing." He said chuckling.

"Well she's actually my friend. We just met again-" 

"Hah! Keep on dreaming, there's no way she knows you. Stop lying and come eat dinner." He said walking out of the room, going to help his parents set up the table.

Well at least now I know how to have some fun with him. I  pulled out my phone and snapped a pic of the poster and sent it to Y/N.  "There's a party at Poppy's place and you're invited. See you there, superstar. Oh and bring your board along, there's a skate ramp there, we could do some tricks like the old time." I smirked and left my phone on the side table to charge. 

"Oi, come on dinners ready." I rolled my eyes at the blonde and made my way out to the back yard.

_____________________________

I picked my board up and made my way out the backdoor. I guess my steps were too loud because the second I was just about to roll on my skateboard the blonde approached. 

"Oi! Wait up. What are you doing?" 

"Checking out this party, you're friend Bodhi invited me. You too actually." He looks surprised to hear the name Bodhi.

"Bodhi specifically said I could come?" He said not believing the current situation and what I have just said.

"Except she wasn't frothing at the mouth like that." He sighed to my words and rolled his eyes.

"Well what about my folks? Did they say we could?" I chuckled 

"I don't need permission from your parents. But you're a good kid who does what he's told,  even though his dreams are being crushed. So you should stay." I laid my board down and started skating away.