"Maybe call Ms. April?" I suggested and Len very quickly shook her head.

"Beckham, no. Ms. April is still recovering from her stroke I'm not gonna ask her to watch the kids. She's still in physical therapy."

"I'll try to wrap up here as quickly as I can okay?"

Lennox remained silent casting her gaze downward. She doesn't believe me but she's too polite to call me a liar, at least to my face. I don't entirely blame her because there's been a lot she's had to do alone lately. I know these past few months have been rough on her. I wish I could say things would get easier, but that's probably not true. Since I've been talking to Niall less, I have been taking over even more duties at Veratin than usual. More work means more time that I spend away from home. Len had just been making strides with her postpartum depression- though that's not how she refers to it. The point is this is far from an ideal situation.

"I know this is stressful. You've been doing great, and I promise I'm gonna be home Saturday. Hopefully sooner but Saturday at the latest."

"The bed is cold."

I couldn't help but laugh at her response, "I miss you too babygirl."

"Wait, wait." Lennox adjusted the screen once again. Knox was now sound asleep, that's why she was so shocked. "He fell asleep to the sound of your voice." She mumbled softly.

This is the type of shit that makes a grown man cry, but I'm not going to do that

This is the type of shit that makes a grown man cry, but I'm not going to do that. Neither of my kids wanted to sleep and were running their mother ragged because I wasn't there. Damn...

"Oh my god does this mean I'm his new favorite?"

"No." Lennox immediately frowned causing me to once again let out a chuckle. "Like Jayce's favorite for sure, but not Knox's."

"Whatever you say Princess."

She let out a small yawn, now struggling to keep her eyes open. I'm currently on my lunch break right now but it's past 1 AM back home in Seattle. "You should go to sleep baby."

"No," She straightened up a bit trying to make herself appear more alert. "I want to talk to you."

I glanced at the time, I don't have anymore meetings for another hour. I guess I can let her talk to me until she falls asleep. Seems like our son, this will be the only way I'm able to get her to go to bed. 

"So what did you do today? Or yesterday... Damn, what time is it over there again?" She giggled softly.

"It's a little past noon. I haven't really done much today, just had a couple of early morning meetings. This afternoon I'm gonna go tour some development sites, a couple place where we're considering building commercial breweries."

"Fascinating." Len mumbled absentmindedly. We both know she is not fascinated by my work, but I continued talking since I knew that's what she wanted.