"Well, hopefully it's good." Danielle laughed.

"Yeah, hopefully." Riley said back- drinking again.

The thought of Riley fucking someone else definitely has me feeling some type of way.

But the thought of Riley just fucking in general also has me feeling some kind of way.

Thankfully we got off the topic of Riley's possible hook up, and I continued talking to my co-workers.

That was until two people walked into the bar that immediately made my heart drop and my mouth go dry.

Lizzie and Bailey- from my previous job. Both fellow account managers with me.

They cannot see me. I cannot see them.

I immediately looked down and pretended like I was searching for something in my purse as they walked by.

I then said to my co-workers, "Uh, I'll be right back. I just have to make a phone call really quick."

"Go ahead, friend." Danielle said to me, "We'll be here."

I immediately made my way outside- glancing to see it Lizzie and Bailey were in my field of vision. They were not.

Right when I got outside, I felt my heart rate slow down a bit.

Let's just hope they don't come out here.

I stood outside, trying to calm myself down.

If they see me, will they say something?

Especially in front of my co-workers? They'll all wind up hating me and thinking I'm a bad person.

I decided that I might just have to go home. I tried to think of an excuse to tell my co-workers, however for the second time that day, I heard Riley say my name.

"Jenny, are you okay?"

I turned around to see Riley walking toward me.

"Not really." I said to Riley, "I wasn't making a phone call. I had to get out of the bar for a few moments."

"What happened?" Riley asked me, "You went pale as a ghost in there."

"Ugh, I hope no one else noticed." I said.

"I'm pretty sure I just did." Riley reassured me, "What's going on?"

"Two of my old co-workers are in the bar." I said to Riley, "Look...I didn't end my last job on good terms. At all. I'm just really worried they'll come up and say something to me."

Riley frowned, "If they do, I'll immediately tell them to fuck off."

I chuckled, "I appreciate it. But...they kind of have a right to hate me."

I usually hate it when people withhold information but tell another piece of the story. But I couldn't tell Riley about what I did at my last job.

Riley didn't ask me any questions. Instead she said, "I would love for you to come back in. But I understand if you physically feel like you can't. I don't want you feeling super anxious in there. I'll walk you back to your car if you want."

"I think I should go home." I said, "I'm just going to be so distracted in there. I'm sorry, though."

"You don't have to apologize!" Riley said, "I'll let them know when I come back that you had to leave."

"Thank you." I said to Riley- and then we started walking back to the work parking lot.

Even just having Riley in my presence- when it was just her and I, especially- made me slightly nervous. And as we walked, I swore there was some tension in the air.