Drugs

It took nearly fifteen minutes to make my way to a tall house, scribbled over in graffiti and spilling light from the hallway due to the door being wide open. A hoard of drunken teenagers were stumbling around on the front lawn. I started shoving my way past them, when suddenly one grabbed me and glared at me.

"You hit me, bitch. You need to be taught a lesson." He pulled his hand back and seemed about to hit me. I stared steadily into his eyes. He started bringing his hand closer to my face.

"Hey leave my sister alone bro!" Sam, my brother. He was seven months younger and had a different father but we looked like twins. Or we had before I'd got sick and changed drastically.

He pushed the other boy away, took my arm and lead me into the house where we found Travis and Unity on the couch in the living room, with needles in their arms.

Their eyes flicked up to meet mine, and I could see the stark fear there for a moment, before their eyes glaze over again.

"Sam, why are our brother and sister doing drugs on the living room couch?" I asked calmly, raising my voice.

"They've been doing it for a year now. You just never visit us." He said sharply.

"Why didn't you stop them? Do you know how dangerous it is to do drugs?"

"You do!" He shouted defensively. His pupils were dilated too.

"I'm an adult!"

"No you ain't. You're just a kid even if you think yourself so independent and mature, too good for us."

"I don't think that at all!"

"Why do you never visit us then?"

"BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND TO BE IN THIS HOUSE ANYMORE. WHY DO YOU THINK I LEFT?" I screamed, and then slumped on the couch. Unity and Travis barely reacted. They were smiling dumbly and seeing how many Lollipipes they could fit in their mouths at once without drooling.

"I thought you left because of that... prank."

"Partly. Another reason was, Mom didn't want any rumours about me being gay spread to all her friends."

Sam chuckled. "She doesn't have any friends. Her and her last friend fell out over the Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan scandal."

"They always fall out."

"This time it's different because they slapped her and she finds physical abuse barbaric."

I stiffened and got up.

"I need to use the bathroom." I started walking towards another door in the middle of a wall.

"Stop, you can't. Mother doesn't allow us."