Ch.39 [ Sliver of Hope ]

Start from the beginning

' I can, show it. This one is from your latest... "Hunt". Yes, Hunt. ' She spoke and gave him the leaf, as he took it into his hand. Akira could feel the fire inside it... the Semblance was some form of minor Fire Control...

'What about the Silvery part in it? Since it's from... that Hou... Wait. Grimm don't have soul.' He spoke as something didn't smell right. His body tensed up, as Blacksmith rose her hands in form of yield.

'This was no... mere Grimm. Just like you witnessed, Faunus and Humans with Grimm Parts. He was, A Progenitor of sorts. First Grimm Infested.' She spoke calmly as he understood it quickly. Salem was creating monsters...

' I thought... She was... Different kind of the coin. I think this "Game" Between Ozma and Salem is starting to turn into goddamn broken mirror! ' He shouted angrily as flames burst from the leaf. ' What about the Silver part. ' He asked as his fury was slowly rising. Not understanding anything, not being told anything... And carelessly throwing away his life for Humanity.

Blacksmith slowly came closer, and took the leaf from his hands. ' It is, Hound's Semblance, and his Unique gift... just like you have yours. ' She pointed at her hollow eyes.

' Eyes? ... Wait... ' He muttered after a while of thinking.

' Exactly that... While you will not receive these, It will at least be with you. I think that a Strong Semblance is fair? ' She spoke curiously and placed the leaf back into his hands.

'That is, if you want it. Please, touch the leaves. Pick anything you want, then I will create a price.' She gestured around calmly.

' Then last question. ' He spoke, as she turned to him. ' How do I control that shit. ' He pointed above him. Since waking up, he could feel his connection with it become clearer.

'Ah... your Semblance... Hmm... I shall answer that one later.' She spoke and sat by her small forge which suddenly appeared near an Anvil.

//

'Dammit... Anything interesting...' Akira muttered as he was scavenging through thousands of Semblances. Until now, he only found one Semblance except the one Blacksmith gave him.

He was searching by colours first. Since they responded to a Semblance's Nature. Red leafs were always Fire type Semblances, and so other colours. Like

Red = Fire, Blue = Lightning or Water, White = Ice, Black = Shadow, 

Gray = Physical, Yellow/Brown = Ground, and many more responding elements or other things.

///

He kept scavenging for hours, and hours through all evident Semblances. And after finishing, he was left with three leafs.

Red with Silver, the one Blacksmith gave him.

One gray, which he found quite quickly.

And Last one, it was... White. Whiter than White. It was literally blinding, but somehow. Only after hours of searching did he find it. It's light was literally bending the "Light", making its surrounding here as dark as his semblance above him.

'Seems like you finished?' Blacksmith spoke as Akira came closer with three.

She inspected the leaves, and nodded. ' Two support Semblances... Interesting Choice. ' She spoke and nodded as the leaves turned into glimmering dust and were absorbed into Akira's body.

' Welp, I'll still probably need a "Word", or not? But, I don't understand how the blinding one works. ' He shrugged off, as she released a laugh.

' Ha... Did you pick it up only because it was shiny? But, good luck finding out how it works. ' She smiled and clasped her hands. As all the remaining leaves turned into lights, and disappeared. Leaving only corpses under. As they also started disappearing.