Chapter 16.

Ayan would wake up gently by the sound of someone typing onto the computer. His hands moved to his face where he then would rub his eyes to wake up. There were tired sounds coming from him as he sat up. The bright light of the sun would blind him for a moment. 

After only a few seconds his eyes would get used to the light. His eyes fell to Akk's desk where Akk was also sitting on, writing something on his laptop. Aye jumped out of the bed and stumbled over to Akk. He let his hands rest on the backrest of his chair, leaning slightly forward. 

"What are you writing?" Ayan asked curious as his eyes would narrow to get a better view. Akk, who didn't even turn back to Ayan just started to explain tho. "Just another list for the summer festival. I am just about to make the teams." 

In a second, Ayan's head would turn to Akk. "Hm?" His head tilted and went a bit lower. "What kind of lists?" He asked before turning back to the computer. 

"The teams for the volleyball teams. I have got the grades of everyone who signed up, including their names and how good they are in sports. Now it is my job to basically make fair teams with that information." Akk answered, not even looking away from the list for a second. 

Ayan would nod in understandment before pushing himself away from the chair again to stand up straight again. With slow steps, he moved away from Akk and went up to a small bowl. In that bowl were fuits and other kind of stuff to eat. His hand grabbed one of the red apples and he took a big bite out of it before falling back onto the bed again, enjoying his apple in peace. 

If Aye would be honest, he felt sorry for Akk. He was working o this school project even tho it was weekend. School really got to him. It must be hard having the weight of the whole school on his shoulders. But who was Ayan to complain about. At the end, he wwasn't the one who died cause of that but his uncle. Still, Aye worried. If the same would happen to Akk what happened to Dika, Ayan would never forgive himself again. He wants to make his wrongs good by saving Akk. The way he should have also saved his uncle. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About one week later, Akk would turn circles around his room, holding his phone close to his ear. "Come on. Pick up, pick up, pick up!" He mumbled loudly under his breath. But to his misfortune, there would be no one picking up on the other line. Akk would look down to his phone, seeing the word "Khan" on his screen. 

Just like Wat, Khan didn't answer the phone. And Akk knew why: they were at the movies. They actually invited Akk too but like always, he declined the offer cause he had to work on the festival. It slowly drove him crazy. 

Out of frustration, Akk would call Ayan, already thinking he wouldn't pick up neither. But actually, only after 4 seconds of waiting, there would be Ayan saying "Yeah?" on the phone. For a second Akk got excited and he filled with hope before beginning to speak. 

"Aye! God, thank you you picked up. I am having a small problem right now. You remember the summer festival I have been working on for some time now?" He asked before falling down onto his chair. As he patiently waited for an answer, he looked through some of the files again. 

"Mmm! Of course I do, why?" He asked with a curious voice. 

There was a short silence before Akk would finally ask. "I have got a small time problem. Would you be so nice and come over to help me? I have to hand in the papers by tomorrow!" The younger boy complained with a frustrated voice. His mood sank as he heard Ayan's not too happy sounding voice. 

"I don't know. I have got a small headache right now. I might be a bit lost in thought when we work on the papers, but if that is okay for you, you can come over. Just please let us do it at my place so I can rest afterwards." Aye answered.