Split Personalities: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"You got lucky this time, Kim..." A voice whispers in Chaewon's head.

"Now that you're on to me though, I can't make it easy for you anymore..."

"Yah, who are you?" Chaewon asks. She could feel this was a dream, and yet, something felt real about it too. It looked like she was out in an alley and she could recognize the arms in front of her as hers.

"Oh, you already know. Catch me if you can..." At that, Chaewon loses control of her arms which pick up a hammer from her pocket. She tried her best, but something else was controlling her, and made her swing the hammer towards her face.

Chaewon shrieks as she wakes up in a cold sweat and grabs at her nose to make sure it was in one piece.

"Chae, are you okay? You've been fidgeting all night." Minjoo asks worriedly from beside her.

"Yeah...I think so. I just had a bad dream." Chaewon says to reassure her, but inside, she knew that this was only the beginning.

~~~~

The next morning...

"Wait, so let me get this straight, you have a rogue clone that you think is trying to take over your life?" Eunbi summarizes.

"Pretty much. I'm still not sure about the motive, but if she was connected to the bus crash yesterday, it's pretty likely." Chaewon replies.

"So, what kind of threat do you think she represents? We're kind of short-staffed at the moment with everyone out of campus right now."

"I think I have to dig deeper into this situation before I can answer that. This seems like a personal problem that I have to figure out.' Chaewon tries to reason.

"If she blew up a bus get rid of you, that already makes it an IZ*ONE-level problem because she endangered civilians." Eunbi counters.

"Okay, you have a point, but you're going to have to let me try to fix this on my own first. Too many people might just scare her off."

"Hmm, alright then. Just don't get in too much trouble. We don't know what she's capable of." Eunbi says.

"What do you mean?" Chaewon asks.

"If she was with Minjoo at the same time you had the accident, she may be able to clone herself too. If she has control over her own clones, that will be a big problem." Eunbi explains. Chaewon was speechless. She hadn't even considered that. If she doesn't get to the bottom of this soon, a lot of the people close to her could be in danger.

"Alright, I'll head towards my mom's place after changing my passwords. Privately message the others about the situation and tell them to not contact me unless I give the code word, angel."

"And how do you know that she can't read your mind the way you do with your other clones." Eunbi asks.

"I think the only place we can communicate is through dreams. I got a warning the other night that I would be in trouble yesterday, and another one last night where she taunted me. I tried to connect with her once I woke up, but I haven't been able to reach her. Maybe she's been consistently far enough away from me for the past few months that our memories have become independent of one another. I'm still trying to figure out why the dreams work though."

"You better hope that theories are right then...I'll wait for your updates."

~~~~

"Are you sure you don't need my help, Chae?" Minjoo asks as Chaewon prepares to head off.

"I'm not sure. This is my clone which makes it my responsibility. Also, Eunbi-unnie said we don't know what this clone is capable of yet, so I want to scout it out first." Chaewon replies.