"Where are you, Preet?" he asked her desperately, feeling his heart heavy.

She tried but could due to crying bitterly. Her voice is choking due to tears making it difficult for her to tell him.

Seeing her cry hastily, the police officer took the phone from her and talked to Veer, giving the brief detail to him.

To say Veer was scared and worried for her would be understatement. He was petrified after knowing everything that happened with Preet and Anaya. He told the police officer, he is on his way and will be there in 15 minutes.

After cutting the call, Veer saw a text message on the notification bar from her phone, asking him to save her. He cursed himself for not checking phone before.

He informed Aarav about Anaya's condition and asked him to reach the hospital.

His heart is thudding loudly against his chest feeling restless and worried for Preet and Anaya. Every second feels like a year.

Preet felt weak and little light headed but shook away the feeling and waited for the doctor to tell her Anaya is okay.

Her hand is shaking badly due to weakness. She again touches her waist with her palm and looks at her hand which again turns deep red due to blood. She was bleeding continuously for more than an hour.

She thought to check on herself but she couldn't leave before getting any news on Anaya.

"Anaya!" She turns her head hearing a panicked voice to see Urmila and Sumitra coming toward her while Aarav is behind them with Rajveer.

Urmila come to her and look at her with tears and asked softly,
"Anaya, is she okay?"

Preet look at her for a minute and said,
"I don't know. She is inside," saying she looks down not wanting to face them.

Aarav come to her and sat beside her and took her hand which is covered with dry blood,
"Are you okay?" he asked, seeing her pale face.

"Hmm.." she just hummed and gave a glance at him. He sighs sadly before looking at the emergency room.

"How did this happen? Why would someone try to hurt our child?" Sumitra said in a worried tone then looked at Preet sitting silently on the bench without saying anything.

Urmila silently cries looking at the closed door where her daughter is getting treated.

The door opens suddenly and a doctor who was treating Anaya comes. Aarav rushes to him and Urmila and Sumitra also surround the doctor to ask about Anaya.

Preet stood up holding the wall and listened to them as she was worried sick for Anaya, she was badly injured on her head.

"How is she, doctor? Is my sister okay?" Aarav asked, feeling like crying. He was so scared since he got to know about Anaya being admitted in the hospital.

"She is stable now. But she had a deep injury in her head. We have to keep under observation for 72 hours to make sure she is okay. Overall she is doing good," The doctor informed, making everyone sigh in relief. 

Preet also closed her eyes, finally feeling relief, hearing Anaya is okay now.

"Preet!" Preet looks at her side to see Veer running toward her looking like a mess.

A weak smile formed on her lips as she took a few heavy steps toward him while holding the wall for support.

Veer instantly took her shaking body in his hand and hugged her tightly. But Preet shut her eyes tightly and bit her lower body, hardly controlling herself from crying in pain as her arm touched her wound.