I find that she is already looking at me. She smiles and waves at me. I wave back unable to keep the grin off my face.

"Obviously." Baron chuckles watching our interaction.

"But it's for the best so I'm sucking it up." I grumble looking away.

"Do better then." He laughs before putting me in a headlock and pulling me away.

It's easier said than done but I do force myself to concentrate on practice. I cannot afford to slack off at this particular time. Being Kennedy's friend is hard but it's what we agreed so I'm all for it.

After the most grueling practice coach has ever put us through, we quickly shower and change back into our clothes. We join Kennedy in the library for a one hour study session. I do my assignments at this particular time while she tutors Wesley. Baron and Kristie study together but we kick them off our table when they start making out. We are happy for them but it doesn't mean we enjoy watching them swap spit.

Wesley is elated when our one hour is up and we leave the library. He is excited to get home while Kennedy and I have work. We say goodbye at the school gates before going our separate ways.

Kennedy and I walk together to the subway conversing about anything and everything that comes to mind.

Being with her is easy. We are good friends and anytime I'm with her I'm at ease. She makes me laugh and challenges me both as a person because next to Kristie and Baron she's easily the smartest person in our grade. She is also insanely talented and the drawing she made of Wesley is proof of that.

"When will you let me see what you're always drawing in there?" I ask her as I sit across from her on the subway.

I reach for her drawing book that she's doodling on but she puts her foot out knocking my hand away before I can reach.

"No!" She growls playfully at me.

She works on it for a couple more minutes before closing it and putting it in her bag.

"My work is private unless I decide to show it." She informs me.

"Why can't I see? I thought we were friends." I challenge her.

"We are and I will show you my work one day. I promise but that day is not today." She replies.

I raise my hands in a surrendering gesture not wanting to push her too far. "Okay fine."

When we get to Manhattan we exit the subway and have to go our separate ways. I feel sad to see her leave but then I remember that I'll be seeing her tomorrow at school.

I get to the hotel in time for my shift and quickly change into my uniform before joining Gary out front.

"Hey kid." He greets me with a fist bump as soon as he sees me.

"What's up old man?" I reply absentmindedly as I put on my name tag.

"Who you calling old, boy?" He demands ruffling my hair.

I step away before he can mess them up too much.

"You." I grin laughing at him when he scowls at me.

"I'll have you know that I am in the prime of my life." He defends.

"Whatever you say you old geezer." I laugh.

He smiles and laughs as well. "You're lucky I like you."

"I like you too pops. So how are my godchildren?" I ask referring to his kids.

"You're too young to be a godfather." He replies making me frown.

"Says who?"

"Says me."