CHAPTER 71

When they went to the institute, Chu Xia and Cen Huaian carried large and small bags. When they came back, they were relaxed.

The early morning sun is not dazzling. Looking out through the bus window, you can still see the dewdrops on the leaves reflecting the light under the sun, almost dripping.

In early summer, I am not in the mood to appreciate this beautiful early morning picture. I just want to lean against the window and sleep for a while.

Cen Zhengnian worked too late last night. If An An had not been sent to Grandpa Jiang today, she would not have woken up before noon.

Cen Huai'an was not in a high mood. When he left, he kept turning his head to look at Cen Zhengnian. He didn't turn back until he could no longer see the institute.

Before going to Grandpa Chiang's house, Chu Xia took Cen Huai'an home to change clothes and tidy up, and brought medicinal wine before going over.

When I got off the bus, I happened to meet someone selling spring bamboo shoots at the entrance of the alley. It is already the late spring bamboo shoot season. The most spring bamboo shoots are around the Qingming Festival. You are really lucky to see them now.

Chu Xia looked at the spring bamboo shoots. The old vegetable seller had a simple and honest face. He plucked some of the bamboo shoots uncomfortably, rubbed his hands and said, "These... these are all dug by me in the mountains. They are not... not old."

As he said that, he peeled one off and showed it to Chu Xia.

"I know." Chu Xia had finished reading. It was indeed as fresh and tender as the old farmer said. She smiled at the old farmer and said, "I want all of them."

There wasn't much left, so I finished them in one meal.

The old farmer quickly weighed the bamboo shoots with a scale and put them into the net bag that Chu Xia carried.

In early summer, you must have a net bag in your bag when you go out. There are no plastic bags at the moment. When shopping, you have to use a basket or a net bag, otherwise you can't carry it.

When they arrived at Grandpa Jiang's house, one of his students happened to be asking him questions, so Chu Xia and An An did not go to the study.

She let An An play in the living room. She carried the net bag into the kitchen, where Aunt Li was packing.

"Aunt Li, when I came over, I saw someone selling spring bamboo shoots, so I bought some. You can see how to make them delicious."

"Okay." Aunt Li took the spring bamboo shoots and put them away, and continued working. Chu Xia knew her temper, so she came out with an empty net bag and sat in the living room with An An.

Seeing that the time for the pre-examination is getting closer, Chu Xia pays more attention to her studies, reading books or doing questions whenever she has time.

When Second Uncle Jiang's youngest daughter Jiang Zhiyi and her second aunt came over, they saw Chu Xia lying on the table in the living room doing problems seriously, while Cen Huai'an was also sitting aside and playing chess quietly.

The second aunt glanced at Chu Xia one more time, then looked back at Jiang Zhiyi with a cold expression: "Where is your homework?"

Jiang Zhiyi is also going to take the college entrance examination this year. She is forced to study all day by her mother. She finally comes to her grandfather's house to take a rest. She doesn't want to bring her homework with her.

"I'm leaving it at home." Jiang Zhiyi looked at her mother coquettishly: "Mom, I study and make papers every day at home. Please let me rest for a while when I come to grandpa's house."