2.10 | A SELFISH BIRTHDAY

Start from the beginning

"Both of you shut up," Aadya said her voice a little annoyed and a lot of lightheartedness. She turned to Gabriel. "Fix me?" She used her best pouting face to convince him, and even after ninety years he still couldn't resist it.

Gabriel slowly moved his hand through the gaps of the cell and slowly pushed the blood matted hair away from her face behind her ears. "Why do you this to yourself Aadya?" He murmured lowly, Aadya didn't get a chance to answer as he swiftly pulled both her shoulders back into its place at the same time.

Aadya lurched forward in pain but was held up by Gabriel who watched her compose herself and walk back to the only wall in the prison cell and sit against it. "If it's not me, it will be my brother." She said the same words that she had said for a hundred and fifty years and no the Amren and Gabriel knew that, that was the end of the conversation tonight.

Out of the four walls of the prison only one was a solid structure the other three was just magically built bars that resurrected the use of magic inside them. These were the most secure prison cells in the entirety of hell made just for the three of them.

Gabriel, Aadya and Amren.

Ninety years ago Aadya was alone in the prison cell when one day the royal guards dragged an unconscious Amren and Gabriel into the cell that was next to her own. It took a few weeks for the siblings to wake up but when they did.  . .it wasn't good time.

They didn't exactly want to talk to the daughter of the King and Queen who put them in the prison and Aadya didn't exactly want to talk to them either. But after more than half a century of watching each other get tortured they formed a pretty tight bond among themselves.

Aadya's brother tried Malik tried to help whenever he could but he was in hiding from their parents with his family somewhere that Aadya didn't know off. Aadya helped her brother leave the palace unnoticed by players the sacrificial lamb.

It resulted in her getting a lifetime in prison and her brother in hiding with his wife.

Every time the stars lit up above her she knew it was her brother's doing a way of making her feel like she was with him and he was with her.

Aadya looked around to see the siblings that they were fast asleep. She knew everything that they knew about themselves which was very little. She learned that they had been running away from their home realm and jumping from one realm to another in search of a safe place from their home.

The fact that this prison was the safest place for them to hide said a lot about their life back home which they couldn't remember.

Aadya learned that every time the jumped from one realm to another realm they had to pay a price. Lose a memory of themselves about someone they loved in the realm they were leaving behind. She could only wonder how many loved ones they lost in the process of escaping a realm.

She didn't let herself wonder if they would forget her when they left this realm. Aadya didn't want to know.

Aadya sighed as she looked at the sleeping form of the siblings and decided as usual that she would cross that bridge whenever it comes.

The chiming of the bell indicated that it was midnight and beginning of the next day, which made a small tear fall out of Aadya's eyes when she closed them.